White faced black Spanish enthusiasts, come hither!

Pics
It's not the thread I am worried about, it's the breed. I think this is such a special, beautiful breed of chicken. I am so happy to finally have some myself and I look forward to helping to keep this breed going!

Yeah, that too
jumpy.gif
When I am experienced in chickening, I would like to raise these birds too, to help get more of them out there and help get them back to the standard.

Keep posting the pics. I hope to be able to get some of these this year. I am getting set up for tolbunt but maybe by the summer I can get a pen for some of these!
sharon

Thank you, I'm so very happy I finally have this breed. These chicks are flighty right now, but they are hardy, curious, and smart so far as well.

Concerning the white face, it can take up to two years, but I think at a year you can see it clearly on a few and developing on the rest. I think that's what Terry told me.

Last edited:
I like this usual breed, why are they endangered? I actually know a lady that lives 2 hours away that has an entire flock of bantam white faced black Spanish, she has around 30 or 40 birds.

I like this usual breed, why are they endangered? I actually know a lady that lives 2 hours away that has an entire flock of bantam white faced black Spanish, she has around 30 or 40 birds.

Yes, it is an unusual and endangered breed. I don't know why, perhaps people got tired of waiting 1-2 years for the white face to come in? I love that they come in bantam and LF, I prefer LF myself, but if I got into small chickens, I'd have WFBS bantams, too! Glad someone near you is keeping them up, seems bantams are not as endangered as LF, many hatcheries sell the bantams.

Back
Top Bottom