White "gel" stuck on to my chicken's butt? Please help! Emergency!

Pics
Were you able to get any calcium?

I'd work on hydration and getting her to eat her normal feed (wet or dry). Bits of scrambled egg may be enticing to her.

I agree, she may have infection from the albumen that was leaking from her vent. You can try an antibiotic like Amoxicillin to see if that helps.

I'm sorry that she's not getting better.

How's she doing today?

The yolk and infection sort of go hand in hand. Infection is a life threatening issue, which you can hopefully treat with antibiotics, but if there is still egg material inside her it is a perfect medium for bacteria to grow in and will keep allowing infections to take hold until she gets rid of it.

If she doesn't seem too weak/tired a warm bath might be good. Otherwise you can just wipe of her butt with a damp paper towel as best you can.

Is she still eating/drinking? Did you manage to get any antibiotics today?

If she doesn't seem too weak/tired a warm bath might be good. Otherwise you can just wipe of her butt with a damp paper towel as best you can.

Is she still eating/drinking? Did you manage to get any antibiotics today?
She's still drinking (only little sips) and is barely eating. My dad turned out to have a lot of work (beceause our shed arrived, so we had to spend our time carring all the pieces in before it rained. He also said to get medicine from stores, you need directions from a actual doctor. I know I can find Aqua Mox in pet stores but I'm not sure if I can find calcium citrate or antibiotics. If what he said was true, I don't know where to get them because a vet would be way to expensive.

Here's a link for a good antibiotic. https://jedds.com/products/tylosin-powder
Mix it as directed, and pour into an empty waterer, or whatever you're using for water for the affected chicken. Be sure to mix it fresh daily. This package of powdered antibiotic will last a long time, so be sure to store the bag with the unused portion in a baggie, or sealed plastic container, so you'll have it on hand if/when you need it again.

In a pinch, TUMS or the generic equivalent (sold in Wal Mart, any grocery store, or any pharmacy), can work. Crush a tablet between two tablespoons, into as fine a powder as you can. Add a little water, and mix it. Suck it up into a dosage syringe, OR if the chicken is eating you can dredge a couple blueberries, strawberries, small pieces of bread making sure most of the powder sticks to the food, then give it to the chicken.

She's still drinking (only little sips) and is barely eating. My dad turned out to have a lot of work (beceause our shed arrived, so we had to spend our time carring all the pieces in before it rained. He also said to get medicine from stores, you need directions from a actual doctor. I know I can find Aqua Mox in pet stores but I'm not sure if I can find calcium citrate or antibiotics. If what he said was true, I don't know where to get them because a vet would be way to expensive.
Your dad is right that a lot of antibiotics are prescription only, but aqua mox is the antibiotic amoxicillin, doesn't require a prescription, and might be able to help your hen. Dosage is 57mg per pound. If you get some you can let us know which bottle you got (they come in different strengths) and we can help you calculate the amount to give if you need. Calcium citrate can be found in the vitamin/supplement section of any pharmacy. This is one you can get from walmart:
d6d2ea4f-3a0b-4999-948f-847f89086754.10f3c5ef74fd609dd63938d953e04fd4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom