White "gel" stuck on to my chicken's butt? Please help! Emergency!

Pics
Ok, I’ll see what I can do. I force fed her some tums yesterday and also some water. This morning she’s still puffing up and her poop is still watery green-white. Does she has diarrhea, too?
The green watery poop could either be from infection or simply not eating enough.

You can order aqua mox or another antibiotic online, but it can take a few days to arrive and she may not have that kind of time. Finding aqua mox locally is her best chance I think.

image.jpg
image.jpg

She is still looking better than I would expect, so that's something :)

How much would you say she is eating and drinking day? Green poop and wobbling is probably because she isn't eating much.

A little bit of crushed raw garlic in her food for a few days isn't a bad idea. It might help if she doesn't have a bad infection yet. Garlic does have a compound that makes chickens sick in high amounts so I wouldn't give more than a small portion of a clove at a day and stop if her comb starts turning dark again.

I've never ordered anitbiotics online so I'm not sure if that allbirdproducts site is good or not... Maybe @Wyorp Rock can help with this?

She's not eating or drinking very much on her own (or maybe at all). Most of the time I have to force-feed her. But since we don't have any feed tubes, it goes pretty slowly. I would say she's drinking about 1/7 or 1/8 of a cup of water per day and roughly the same amount of food.

Nope, she's very clean except for the poops stuck on her bottoms. I'm not sure about giving her a warm bath because she's acting pretty weak.
Which would you recommend? They all look similar but so different at the same time to me.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom