White "gel" stuck on to my chicken's butt? Please help! Emergency!

Pics
She’s been leaning sideways the whole morning still wobbling a lot at first when standing. I’ve given her already one tablet of calcium and half of the cephalexin tablet. I also rechecked for mites and lice, I’m sure she doesn’t have any.

image.jpg
image.jpg

This her sleeping this morning. Her tail has been drooping. She looks weak to me.

Poor girl, she's not doing too well is she:(

I'd work on getting fluids into her. That green poop is concerning. It may be due to her not eating much, but it could also indicate infection or just a general decline.
See if you can entice her with a little wet feed or scrambled egg after you get fluid into her.

You're doing all you can taking care of her. Hope for the best, but I agree, do prepare that she may continue to decline.

I had already guessed she would be more in the 4 lb. range. I accounted for some weight loss. You can actually go up to 1 tablet in the morning, and 1/4 tablet in the evening, every day. When you go to put the pill into her mouth, tilt her head back just a little. If you haven't already, get this into her as soon as you can. I think you can safely stop with the calcium, unless you feel an egg stuck in her.

Last edited:
I had already guessed she would be more in the 4 lb. range. I accounted for some weight loss. You can actually go up to 1 tablet in the morning, and 1/4 tablet in the evening, every day. When you go to put the pill into her mouth, tilt her head back just a little. If you haven't already, get this into her as soon as you can. I think you can safely stop with the calcium, unless you feel an egg stuck in her.
Tablet of cephalexin or calcium? I’ve already given her half a tablet and another half just right now, also one whole calcium this morning. I’m not sure if the eggs still inside her, since I didn’t see any yolk coming out.

She's is crisis. The thing to focus on most is keeping her hydrated with the sugar water. Syringe the fluids into her beak each half hour to one hour if she isn't drinking to keep up her strength and so she doesn't go into shock. One calcium tablet each morning, but space the antibiotic two hours from when you give the calcium as they can interfere with each other.

Back
Top Bottom