White Giant with possible respiratory infection

I really think it's a respiratory infection. We have antibiotics that we're going to give her that. She has been isolated in a coop in a shed with a heat lamp on her. She has gotten worse from yesterday. She is wheezing and has her eyes closed. She sounds like la- la-la- LA and she exhales. Every so often she'll go AHH and kinda freeze for a sec and she'll go back to normal.
1f62c.png
1f62d.png
1f637.png

We just out there to come put her in the garage and give her antibiotics. While I was about to get her, she basically seized and died. 30s flat, quick and painless. Thank you for all of your suggestions. We will monitor the rest in case they start acting like her. Thank you.

I really think it's a respiratory infection. We have antibiotics that we're going to give her that. She has been isolated in a coop in a shed with a heat lamp on her. She has gotten worse from yesterday. She is wheezing and has her eyes closed. She sounds like la- la-la- LA and she exhales. Every so often she'll go AHH and kinda freeze for a sec and she'll go back to normal.
1f62c.png
1f62d.png
1f637.png
Sorry for you loss... The breathing you described is common in birds about to die.

-Kathy

Last edited:
Please don't take this the wrong way, but next time you have one that looks off, don't wait weeks to treat it. Again, sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom