white goose in my neighborhood all alone...

Oh, That's so good to see! Yay for BYCers!
wee.gif

Wow! What a wonderful outcome!!! BYC people are the best!!!!

I have been hoping and praying that the outcome would be positive........ well done to all of you involved!!!!

Suzie

celebrate.gif
bow.gif
clap.gif
wee.gif

We're Home!!!
ya.gif
She was the perfect backseat driver. Only a couple honks at the turnpike tollbooths..

I wouldn't say I sweet talked her, I think it was dumb luck! I do owe Patti a new pair of sneakers though!!
sickbyc.gif

I will take some more pics of her tomorrow. She is tucked into the barn for the night. She looks pretty good, I don't think she felt boney. She is petite compared to my Sebastopols. She did dive into a small bowl of duck and goose food and waterfowl crumbles. I didn't want to overdo it tonight with all of the excitement!

Thanks to everyone on BYC for your support!!!!

Yay! That's great news! She's got a pretty big nob for a female, so she might be an older gal. Are you sure she's a she and not a he?

Here's a photo of Louie the Chinese gander at our lake. He's definitely a boy and is the oldest at the lake.

Last edited:
Glad to hear that your rescue was successful!

I am in my first season with geese so hope others respond as well. With my yearling sebbies and my older emdens, I didn't really notice much different behavior until now that they are breeding. I would wonder if you can tell without the other sex present?

Anyway, good luck, he or she is a beauty! Thanks for saving it! :)

I just got a pair of Sebbies in January, so I am very new to geese. I will put new goose out back tomorrow where he/she can see the Sebbies. I'll let you know if his/her behavior changes. I also haven't heard any real loud, shrill calls, just quiet honks. Again, stress??
I will most likely not be keeping him/her. I tried to tell myself before going down there that I was just going to foster. ( I have a weakness for white poultry w/blue eyes) Patti is checking with a friend, if that falls through, I will be posting him/her on here for adoption. My backyard is getting pretty full. I had no poultry last year at this time, and thanks to this forum I now have 5 ducks and 2 geese (oh and 7 chicken eggs in the incubator for a friend)..... Thanks everyone!!!!!
hugs.gif

Louie doesn't always posture and scream, though he will bark at strangers or to say hello. He used to scream a lot when his friend, Meanie was alive. Now, he has another goose friend and is a lot less aggressive. When he's hungry, he is very quiet, just barks a few times and then stands at your feet waiting to get fed.

Wow, This rescue is gorgeous!
woot.gif

thumbsup.gif
GREAT WORK!
highfive.gif

We had a pair of these on a road that leads out to a county road nearby our home... a family that lives along this road has a pond that these gorgeous birds would be seen swimming in!
For some reason, the 2 of them would come by the road and just stand on the edge of it!
duc.gif

I always feared that someone driving down the road would accidentally hit these birds, as they seemed to gravitate to the road! Why do they do That?

We haven't seen the birds since last summer, so not sure if the family still has them.

Great Rescue!
goodpost.gif
Very impressed!

Hope she continues to do Well!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom