White Mandarin eggs (Help Me)

Climax

Songster
Aug 3, 2020
Southern Utah
I have 4 Mandarin duck eggs in my incubator on day 31 I believe(Worried so much that I lost track on day 29). They are all pipped externally, they have been so for about 40 hours.

All 4 of them you can hear and feel them moving around in their shell.

Only one of them has even made another hole, which it made about 5 hours ago.

2 of them still look like their beak is going up and down kinda, Maybe still absorbing yolk/bleating to breathe?

And the last one is chirping good when I whistle/tap but it hasn't made any progress.

I have had the temperature at 99.5% and humidity at 73%

PLEASE tell me if this is normal or what they need.

I have 4 Mandarin duck eggs in my incubator on day 31 I believe(Worried so much that I lost track on day 29). They are all pipped externally, they have been so for about 40 hours.

All 4 of them you can hear and feel them moving around in their shell.

Only one of them has even made another hole, which it made about 5 hours ago.

2 of them still look like their beak is going up and down kinda, Maybe still absorbing yolk/bleating to breathe?

And the last one is chirping good when I whistle/tap but it hasn't made any progress.

I have had the temperature at 99.5% and humidity at 73%

PLEASE tell me if this is normal or what they need.
Sounds like they're doing just fine. Ducks take ages to hatch. Just relax. With ducks, don't assist unless there has been no progress in over 36 hours, and you're sure they're ready to hatch.
Ducks are very strong hatchers though, and (unless they're Call ducks) can almost always hatch just fine without assistance. If they truly need help there's usually something seriously wrong with the duckling.

Sounds like they're doing just fine. Ducks take ages to hatch. Just relax. With ducks, don't assist unless there has been no progress in over 36 hours, and you're sure they're ready to hatch.
Ducks are very strong hatchers though, and (unless they're Call ducks) can almost always hatch just fine without assistance. If they truly need help there's usually something seriously wrong with the duckling.
One of them I could tell fully absorbed its yolk, it was consistently chirping and squeezing around in its shell, so i slowly helped it zip out (being the impatient person I am) and it was a very strong pusher, so anyways. Now i have a beautiful baby duckling :)

Thanks for the response, it makes me happy knowing that my other 3 are fine on their own.

One of them I could tell fully absorbed its yolk, it was consistently chirping and squeezing around in its shell, so i slowly helped it zip out (being the impatient person I am) and it was a very strong pusher, so anyways. Now i have a beautiful baby duckling :)

Thanks for the response, it makes me happy knowing that my other 3 are fine on their own.
as i was typing this another one zipped out real quick, in less than 10 minutes :confused:

KIMG0493.JPG
third one on it's way

Back
Top Bottom