White Orpingtons

Welcome, Jaboo! Those are some very impressive Orpingtons! You can't even imagine how many times we have all tried to figure out ways to get some of those gorgeous European Orps over here!!!! LOL I don't suppose you would consider flying over here with a few eggs stuck in your pockets???
wink.png

I noticed that you got your orpingtons from Murray McMurray. How big are they as far as standard size is concerned for the breed. I often have found that their birds tend to run small. I got some orpingtons from another hatchery where I had to get straight run, but they are huge.........Never got orpingtons from McMurray, good luck with them.

I should introduce myself. I LOVE chickens. Some breeds are definitely my favorites. I love New Hampshires, black Minorcas, buff wyandottes, SC light brown leghorns, white orpingtons, buff rocks and more. I got some beautiful chicks this year. Had to get straight run from a hatchery that, I believe, has show quality stock as far as size and type are concerned. Unfortunately I ended up with about 90% cockerels and I had to find homes for them where they won't end up in a soup pot............But, I do enjoy them so much and I am glad I found this chat. Tell me about your chickens, please...............

This thread had died......

Does anyone have photos of McMurray White Orpingtons? Was told their line goes back to 1920. has anyone attempted to use McMurray to increase egg production in their Whites?

Why use hatchery stock when all these great blacks that carry the blood from Bamachicken is around and they are winning all over USA. Plus her birds lay very good and already have the the orpington quality available without loosing anything. The only thing is it will take about 3 years to get clear legs on the whites. Nothing is an overnight success and need some work applied to get to a wonderful bird. There are no immaculate conceptions.

Back
Top Bottom