White PolishXBlue Polish

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by chickens112, Jan 12, 2009.

1. chickens112

chickens112 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Cuero Tx
    If you crossed a total white polish crested with a blue white crested polish would you still get a blue polish and would it help make the crest have more white? Just wondering Thanks:)

2. chickens112

Aug 10, 2008
    Cuero Tx
    Can any one help me?[​IMG]

3. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Interesting question, I'll be waiting for an answer with you.

Bump...

4. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    Don't know for sure but doubt it.. it's possible that could even create solid colored birds or birds with just few white feathers in crest. That is because white as in white chickens is not a color but a gene that prevents the bird from showing whatever color or patterns they have. So that white bird could be genetically "not white crested" like a GL or SL Polish. Or it does have the genes for a white crest.. just you can't tell because it's covered up from sight.

The white on crest is unusual, have not read anything on genetics of that. I can say I crossed a WCB with a Silver laced a long time ago and most of the offspring had only a few white feathers in their crests, several were completely solid colored. Doesn't help with your answer... unless the white bird is genetically not a white crested.

5. chickens112

Aug 10, 2008
    Cuero Tx
    Thanks for your input:D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by