1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

white rock chicks now 6 months what are they?!?!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by niccogonz, Oct 24, 2012.

1. niccogonz

niccogonz Out Of The Brooder

May 29, 2012
    i have two white rock chicks i figured there pullets because of there small combs and waddles but ones become slightly bigger then the other and there bigger one has a more yellow tone to its feet but they both to me look like hens not roosters.... at what age do they usually (white rocks that is) start crowing???

2. Chicks on DL

Chicks on DL Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2012
    West Coast, Florida.
    By 6 months my Barred Rocks were laying. If they are Roos it would be pretty obvious by now, they would have saddle feathers and spurs. Pictures would help.

3. chickenmama22

chickenmama22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2007
    I bought 4 month old White Rock hens in August. That would make them 6 months about now. They just started laying and I've given them supplemental light. Do your White Rocks crow?

Can you post pictures of them?

4. niccogonz

May 29, 2012
    i will get some pictures up later today and i haven't notices any rooster like characteristic's but there not laying and they just keep getting bigger and bigger lol i did not know if the rock line just matured later then most or if it was the changing of the seasons i mean i live in Texas so we don't have a big change in weather and i have a pair of creel old English and they not only are a month younger but they started breeding and went broody and are now hatching out there chicks.... i was just wondering you know :/

5. chickenmama22

Aug 29, 2007
    My White Rocks are huge at 6 months and I felt like I had to wait a long time to get eggs. Even my 2 month old White Rocks are big!

6. niccogonz

May 29, 2012
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. chickenmama22

Aug 29, 2007
    The bigger one looks like a rooster to me. I think I see saddle feathers by the tail. I'm not sure about the other one, but there might be a reason you're not getting eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by