White Rock Developing faster

I am still going whith white rock pullet, but there are a few other breeds that come in white with a single comb most notably the cornich xs, white langshan and white leghorn (to big for that)..... don't worry too much if she is a cross she should at this point be near butcher weight (a full sized chicken) it doesn't appear that she is that much larger than the other in the pic, however if she is you can control her weightgain ad prolong her life by limiting her time at te feeder or the amount you give all together, also if your protein levels are that needed for laying breed pullets rather than the higher levels for meaties se will grow slower than if sh had been fed the higher protein levels fromt he start. Many meat breeds can live longer happier lives with a few adjustments altough in general not as long as the layers do. Don't be suprised if the other gals in your flock catch up to her in size in the next few weeks here!

I don't think she's a cornishx. I have 3 and they are grotesque looking. Yours is pretty.
smile.png

Yeah I dont think she is as meaty as she looks she has lots of fluffy feathers....she is big don't get me wrong but I don't think she is fat.

Back
Top Bottom