white rooster

Quote:
I just noticed he was in with your other chooks. He must be isolated from your other chickens for at least 30 days. Theres no telling what kind of "bugs" he has.

I agree. That is the most important thing to do. Good Luck with him.

Chickie'sMoma :

actually, i think he is a yokohama http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGP/Phoen/BRKYoko.html

he'd
be a beautiful bird when he is cleaned up and back to good health again. but i would keep it separated till you can find out if it is aggressive or not, and quarantined the 30 or so days.

Yokohamas have yellow or slate legs. And there is not enough red on him to be considered red-shouldered. I'm also judging buy what melissa heard the driver saying to it. Sounds like the bird lost in a fight and he (or thought he had) saved its life.​

With his back toes like that I would say he's been trying to fight with another rooster through wire. I had one or two to do that and that is that damage looks almost the same. If he has been in an actual fight his head and comb would be probably be damaged a lot more. I agree with the person who said to keep him isolated. He looks to be part game to me - maybe a toppie? Don't know for sure but some high protein food and warmth and maybe a little antibiotics might do him a world of good. There are very wise people on here who can give you detailed info on how to doctor him. He's lucky he got tossed out to someone who cares enough to try to take care of him. Good luck!! I am subscribing so I can see how he is doing. Keep us posted!! Oh I just went back and looked at the pic again- He does have some damage to his face.

Last edited:
Oh wow! That is so horrifying...

I definitely agree with cleaning him up first. He needs a warm place to sleep tonight, and you'll need to quarantine him from the other birds.

How is his behavior? Is he alert, or is he quiet and sluggish? Is he eating or drinking anything?

just finshed batheing him with the kids help. put him in a dog crate with a dryer blowing. i noticed he has mites or lice or something. there was one crawling on my arm while i was waiting for the water to run. he really enjoyed the bath. i have some sevin dust for pets and poultry i will try tomorrow. i have some duramycin-10 and some tylan injectable. i will keep yall posted.

hugs.gif
to you and roo.

well he has a good appetite. he ate a fry egg. i put him some chick starter in the box to nibble on and some antibiotics in his drinking water. i gave him 1/2cc of tylan by mouth. cross your fingers. if he lives i have already found a home for him

Back
Top Bottom