white rooster

the rooster is doing ok. he is eating and drinking well. i didn't remove any toes yet. the toes that were blk don't seem to be giving him any trouble. i noticed some blood spots on his bedding. i checked it it came from his feet. i put him a roost in his cage, so that is what probable scraped his feet. he does seem to have a rattling sound when he breaths. so i am starting tylan again. he also loves scrabbled eggs and carrots. i switched his feed to cracked corn and he is eating that. he still has teryimicn in his drinking water. he seems to have perked up a lot and is more alert, he even talks to me when i feed him. i gave him another bath to clean him up some more. he loves to be scrubbed and be in the warm water and to be under the dryer. i will post some new pics when i get time.

I'm rootin' for him!
fl.gif
I just can't understand how someone could do that to an animal!
somad.gif

well i put the rooster out in one of the big pens last night. this morning when i went out to feed, two of his toes were partially off. there was no blood but a lot of swelling. i am going to give him another booster of tylan start adding medicine to his water again. what else should i do? by the way i posted awhile back about a blk cochin hen that wouldn't socialize with any other chicken, well she has taken a fancy to him, thru the fence of course.
smile.png

First all. God bless you for taking care of this roo. And second hun, he is NOT a yoko roo he is a toppy but what kind I can not tell you. He looks as if he was fighting from the marks on his face...His feet look pretty bad but I think he might overcome it. He is a American Game rooster, this meaning if he ever overcomes his bad health he will have to be secluded from all the other roos cause he is, By nature aggressive to other roosters. Unlike normal ee, br and such, he will never run during a confrotation. Good luck on that one hun . So if you are not wanting to risk your other roosters from being seriously hurt or even killed, start looking for a home for him now. hes a beautiful bird and if I were closer I would take him off your hands if needed.

Again good luck and god bless your soul for doing this. Not many american games are treated so kindly...

One more thing, Ag's are usually not agressive to humans as some "normal" breeds are.

Quote:
Pretty sure I remember her saying she already had someone to take him if he lives. I think it's sweet that your standoffish hen has taken a liking to him, that should give him some motivation. He's so very lucky that they threw him out at your house. Those *people* are lower than dirt to keep an animal in that kind of shape.

well the person who was suppose to take him backed out. he is doing fine even with all this freezing weather we are having. still a little sensitive in his feet, but most of the swelling has gone away. i have incorporated him into the pen with my std cochins, the most accepting and docile, and there has been no trouble at all. here is a picture of him now compared to about a month ago.

42582_0214001111.jpg

42582_chicken_005.jpg

so he is currently looking for a forever home.

Back
Top Bottom