white rooster

well the rooster is pinking up some. he is only eating when i hold the bowl for him though. he is having trouble walking. i took a closer look at the bottom of his feet. i think he is going to have to lose at least 2 toes. those toes are black, have no movement, and have cracks on the bottoms of them. i bought some antiseptic spray at the feed store to spray his legs and feet with. i gave him a dose of tylan last night and another tonight. i injected him with 1 cc of tylan this morning, maybe all this antibiotics will get him over the hump. i am still putting teramycin in his drinking water too. CAN I ADD THE WORMER, WAZINE, TO HIS DRINKING WATER ALONG WITH THE ANTIBIOTIC? this chicken has a lovely personality. he loves a bath. i can rub his neck and he just closes his eyes and lets his head droop. from what i have seen he doesn't seem to have any human aggression at all. even my kids touch him and pet him. oh yeah i almost forgot, i have him on a high protein diet of scrabbled eggs, oatmeal, and chick starter.

Last edited:
You shouldn't add the wormer to antibiotics in his drinking water. I'd wait on the wormer til you have finished up the antibiotic.

You are a good soul for helping this poor guy out. At least those morons chucked him into the yard of someone willing to save him.
hugs.gif
to you for saving him and
smack.gif
and
rant.gif
to idiots who dumped him!

Last edited:
AWWE! Whatcha gonna name him? He deserves a good name! he must think he's in chickie heaven now! Sooo heartwarming to hear that there are still good decent people like you out there!
hugs.gif
I'm sure you both will be feeling refreshed in the morning! Blessings,Keri:clap

poor guy
sad.png
it sickens me that there are people out there that can just discard animals like trash.. He will look gorgeous once he's fed up and got his plumage back!!

Chickie'sMoma :

actually, i think he is a yokohama http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGP/Phoen/BRKYoko.html

he'd
be a beautiful bird when he is cleaned up and back to good health again. but i would keep it separated till you can find out if it is aggressive or not, and quarantined the 30 or so days.

Yes, this is a red shouldered Yokohma roo. They are Beautiful bird and I must warn you, somewhat fragile.

The poor thing, my God, how could a human keep a bird in this condition. I am really quite appalled.​

Back
Top Bottom