White Rooster

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by BeckLee, Nov 7, 2012.

1. BeckLee

BeckLee New Egg

Nov 7, 2012
    We were planning on getting chickens in the spring, however, we unexpectedly became the owners of this white rooster. We would like to know what breed he is so that we can get him a couple of hens.
    Thanks,
    Becky
    [​IMG]

2. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Is that yellowing in his wings dirt or actual colour? If dirt, he looks to be White Ameraucana. If it's colour, I'd say EE. However, lets just go with EE straight away, as they are so much easier to obtain. EE stands for Easter Egger. I have some white females that are EEs.. But they have green legs, and your boy has the correct slate legs. [​IMG] Here is one of my white girls on the left.

3. BeckLee

BeckLee New Egg

Nov 7, 2012
    It is actual colour. Thank you for your response. I am going to find him some pretty girls. :)

4. aoxa

These girls will lay beautiful blue or green eggs!

[​IMG]

So you will be very happy with them ;)

5. hen101

hen101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2012
    Washington,Pa
    he is very bueatiful if he is all whit hi might be a white ameraucana very pretty

6. hen101

Oct 27, 2012
    Washington,Pa
    did you dye those blue eggs or did she lay them that way if layed kind of hen is that

7. aoxa

I did not dye the eggs. They were laid by the white hen I posted before. She is an Easter Egger.

You can buy these chicks at most hatcheries, but my girls came from McMurray (their grandparents did, they have been bred here). So I would choose McMurray for a higher chance of blue eggs.

8. hen101

Oct 27, 2012
    Washington,Pa
    okay thank i have wanted to get a easter egger because it would be kind funny to blue eggs in the fridge

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by