1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

White silkie mom black frizzle dad?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by HeatherTheMommy, Apr 11, 2016.

1. HeatherTheMommy

HeatherTheMommy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2015
    Felton DE
    I have a white silkie hen and a frizzled black bantam cochin (i think) rooster. Well the cochin is only 3 weeks but im quite certain its a roo. What would their offspring look like?

2. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    All of them will have normal feathers. Some could have single combs, or something thats a mix of a walnut and single. They may have extra toes, or not. And I'd expect them the be lightly crested (and bearded if your Silkie has a beard). Some should be frizzled. As far as color, its hard to say. Silkies are typically recessive white, so the colors you'll end up with will depend on what that white is hiding. One thing I can say, they'll be adorable! When I started my Sizzle project, my original cross was a Silkie rooster over a frizzled Cochin hen. The resulting chicks were adorable!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by