White specks/spots with missing feathers

jesspittman32

In the Brooder
May 11, 2020
My girl has had white specks on her feathers (head and front body feathers) for a couple of weeks. It almost looks like paint but it is not. Now she's missing her tail feathers and has a bald spot on the base of her neck on her back and is losing a lot of body feathers. She just molted a couple of months ago and she's never had this during molting before and none of the other chickens have these symptoms. I'm going to quarantine her today, but does anyone know what's up with her?

Attachments

• 20201008_101444.jpg
    20201008_101444.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 20201008_101447.jpg
    20201008_101447.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 20201008_101503.jpg
    20201008_101503.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 32
Does she roost at night? To me it literally looks like she is getting crapped on :lol:

:) I know, it really does, but that's not it. She does roost at night. She's acting fine (eating, drinking, walking, etc...) but it's just so weird. I'm worried about the loss of feathers too. She just got through molting recently and we're getting into cold weather here (I'm in the North part of VA).

That is weird... I have seen something very similar to our chickens (some same breed) and just thought they were molting or being pecked. Then after I hadn't really done anything but give her some more protein and make sure the others weren't being mean to her it slowly just went away. Sorry, I can't give you any more help.

That is weird... I have seen something very similar to our chickens (some same breed) and just thought they were molting or being pecked. Then after I hadn't really done anything but give her some more protein and make sure the others weren't being mean to her it slowly just went away. Sorry, I can't give you any more help.
Thanks. I'll try to amp up her protein.

Back
Top Bottom