White Sport Cream Legbars

Pics
Hi Puhi, Sorry for the late reply, (I should check the blog more often) - thank you very much for the suggestions on how to tell whether or not we have female chicks, (fingers crossed). We are enjoying them in any case. Thank you again, and wishing you well.
Aloha,
FaTD

Aloha,

It seems that my white sports have poor night vision. On work days, I have to feed them when itʻs still dark. Most of them jump down except the white ones. Iʻm thinking because they canʻt see. Has anyone else seen a similarity?

Aloha, puhi

Aloha,

It seems that my white sports have poor night vision. On work days, I have to feed them when itʻs still dark. Most of them jump down except the white ones. Iʻm thinking because they canʻt see. Has anyone else seen a similarity?

Aloha, puhi
Isn't it time for some updated photos?? ;O)

Do you have a related pair ? I think if you wanted to produce a white-line -- you would nearly have to produce them from brother-sister, or do you just have the one white....you need to update us.

caf.gif

Aloha,

I have 2 white girls just getting to POL, and a white roo and my main roo carries the gene. He is also the father of the other three.

I havenʻt produced any whites in a while. I suppose all of my other hens are not carriers. Iʻm also wondering if the white is even fertile or not. My white roo doesnʻt crow much so he gets to stay and my main roo only comes for visits. But fertility is down since my main roo has been here. The white guy also doesnʻt know how to shmooze da wahines.

All my girls are together so I donʻt know whoʻs egg is whoʻs. Most of them look cream.

I am only going by the original mother and her two daughters. They all donʻt come down until itʻs light enough, even if the food will be gone. So I was just wondering if other people see the same thing in their white flocks.

Because my main roo carries the white, all of my CLs in the future will probably carry it. He looks great. I like to use him. I have an unrelated roo that I keep and use a little but heʻs just so wrong. I just keep him for the genetic diversity. Heʻs gold, has a squirel tail, a horrible comb. I donʻt know. I think I should try to get eggs one more time. I see a real nice one on Ebay right now from Texas. Is that you Kat? Itʻs really hard to get eggs in Hawaiʻi. But I have CLs from two people. One reputable, one from Ebay.

I want to put pictures up soon, mostly because my girls have lacing. Is that bad? Is that a sign of mixbreeding? They look really nice and the eggs are blue and autosexing is easy for the most part. I need to keep more boys just to see what they look like and to replace their dad too.

I just wrote a book. and no pictures!

Iʻll work on that.

Aloha, Puhi

I also have the recessive white in my BCMs. I bred the white roo to an unrelated flock belonging to a friend. We hope to hatch those and maybe even mate to another line and join those. But CLs are very rare here.

Hereʻs her boyfriend(s).

Aloha, Puhi
This is a very interesting thread. Thanks Puhi for starting it and to the other contributors. It's great to see the pictures of the different white Legbars.

Puhi, is the lighter colored cockerel your main Rooster ? I would love to see an updated picture of him and also pictures of the white girls that I think you mentioned had some lacing on their feathers.

pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom