White substance on beak?

Eggstra31

Hatching
Nov 21, 2018
Recently I noticed a white strange dried up substance on my chickens beak as days pass...I'm beginning to worry if it not just something she ate and got on her face. Does anyone know what this is and know if its ok and what to do? I dont have pictures but im hoping someone knows what Im talking about.

Eggstra31 Could be that she accidentally got the white "pee" part of poop on her face when she scratches her face. Where is it on her beak? I would gently wipe it off with a damp towel and watch her closely for the next few days, see if you can pinpoint what's causing it. Just definitely make sure it's not coming from her nose or inside her beak.

Eggstra31 Could be that she accidentally got the white "pee" part of poop on her face when she scratches her face. Where is it on her beak? I would gently wipe it off with a damp towel and watch her closely for the next few days, see if you can pinpoint what's causing it. Just definitely make sure it's not coming from her nose or inside her beak.
ok ill wipe. but what if it is coming from her nose?

Are you able to take her to a vet? If it is I would look into taking her immediately. If it's that worrisome please do anyway, better to be safe. I wish you and your girl the very best, good luck!

Recently I noticed a white strange dried up substance on my chickens beak as days pass...I'm beginning to worry if it not just something she ate and got on her face. Does anyone know what this is and know if its ok and what to do? I dont have pictures but im hoping someone knows what Im talking about.

If you can provide us with some photos that would be helpful.
Also tell us if you notice any other signs/symptoms (lethargy, coughing, sneezing, watery eyes).
The age of your chicken and what you feed, including treats.

Back
Top Bottom