1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

white trash mini transition meat coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Barb Schuetz, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Barb Schuetz

Barb Schuetz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2007
    Viroqua, WI
    This is the little temporary coop my hubby and I put together for our meat chicks until we get our "official" coop built and they get bigger.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    awww.. they are so cute, !!!!!

3. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    That looks good it is kind of like what I use for my broody mommas and her babies.

4. Barb Schuetz

Barb Schuetz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2007
    Viroqua, WI
    I hope everyone reading this thread understands that I mean no offense.[​IMG]

5. 4H kids and mom

4H kids and mom Cooped Up

Mar 10, 2007
    Southern Wisconsin
    I am still waiting for your photos to load, but I am sure everyone knows you mean no harm in your thread title! [​IMG] Oh, and if I may make one tiny suggestion....you may want to resize your photos, as those of us with a slower internet connection (like ME lol) have to wait days and days for them to load. [​IMG] [​IMG] lol If you need help with resizing, we can go to chat when you're on and I'll walk you through it, or call me tomorrow when you can.

Edit: Ok, now I can finally see your photos! I dont think it looks white trashy. I think it looks like you took what you had to make what you needed and cost you little or nothing to do. Thats called Recycling and SMART! Not white trash! Kudos to you for finding a new use for a dog house and ferret cage instead of just throwing them away! I say, good job! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2007
  6. allen wranch

allen wranch Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    San Marcos, TX
    Great idea, but I hope you bring your birds inside a garage or the house at night. The chicken wire will not keep predators out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by