Whiting True Blue

Much against my usual preferences, I’m keeping the majority of these chipmunk WTB from today’s order 😍 Hoping for some blue and red again, I miss Bluejay so much. A great variety! I’ve also got my fingers crossed that the yellow chipmunk is apricot like our last who passed

DDEE79CC-B4FB-4078-B31D-2BB727CBFFE5.jpeg

Much against my usual preferences, I’m keeping the majority of these chipmunk WTB from today’s order 😍 Hoping for some blue and red again, I miss Bluejay so much. A great variety! I’ve also got my fingers crossed that the yellow chipmunk is apricot like our last who passed

View attachment 3467522
All WTB? How many did you get? I counted 22 but the fluff is hard to separate! 😊

I'm getting some in two weeks. So excited!!!

Can anyone following this tell me how the WTB compare to Hoover's Prairie Bluebell Eggers? I have six of those, and they have inconsistent egg colors, sizes, and shapes, and I usually get 4-5 eggs a day. Wondering how they will stack up again the WTBs.

I'm getting some in two weeks. So excited!!!

Can anyone following this tell me how the WTB compare to Hoover's Prairie Bluebell Eggers? I have six of those, and they have inconsistent egg colors, sizes, and shapes, and I usually get 4-5 eggs a day. Wondering how they will stack up again the WTBs.
I have a 3yr old WTB and she is still a gangbuster layer, laying for 21 days straight. Nice med/lrg sized eggs

Do you guys know if the WTB have the zinc white gene? It causes the chalky white layer on White Leghorn eggs, and also it's in my Prairie Bluebells, and causes a chalky white film on the blue eggs. [In contrast, my Starlight Green Egger eggs are shiny and olive/green, so they don't have this gene.]

I think the breeder included it in PBB because it stops the brown egg genes from expressing (?), which means my PBB are (may be?) heterozygous for blue eggs.

Back
Top Bottom