Whizbang Plucker

JJSmith

In the Brooder
12 Years
Sep 12, 2007
We are hoping to make a whizbang plucker, we are at a loss to find a motor for it, what do you recommend and where would you get it?

Hello,
Most older washers have a V belt motor. They can be mounted in any position to hold the pully in position.Some may have a pump on one side and pulley on the other. Just tip them over and look for one that will work.
You should be able to find a free one on craigslist.com or a local junk yard, Some Menard Lumber stores have old appliances in the back of thier lumber yard for sale for $9.00
Good luck

I recommend a 3/4 horse motor or bigger, mine is powered with a 1/2 hp and it does fine with chickens but is a little underpowered with turkeys, I could sell you my plucker if you lived closer

100_4941.jpg

Marko, nice plucker. I want to build one this summer. My roomie is a Master Junk Collector, he has a Phd in it
lol.png
, so I have all the parts. I very much liked your design and would like to copy it. Could you please post a picture from the top down so I can get an idea of how the fingers are placed.
Thanks,
Bob

Just seen where you lived Marko. Brought back memories. I was a Marine recruiter out of Pittsburgh. Worked in McKeesport back in the 70's. Lived in Elizabeth, if I remember right Liberty was just up the road.

Last edited:
I need $450.00 for it, and to answer the other previous question about liberty, as far as i know there are 3 Liberty's in Pa, My Liberty is in Tioga County, I know of another liberty close to Pittsburgh, I'll try to post a couple more picts of the whizbang

Back
Top Bottom