Who all here gives away their eggs?

Before I started selling eggs, I'd give away a dozen or two to friends and neighbors. It helped get the word out, but now I sell the eggs.
smile.png

Our Farmers' Market is only open Apr - Oct. But our hens laid some all winter! We give them to relatives and neighbors and try to sell the rest. I have a friend who takes them to work with her and we split the price...at least it helps with feed costs.
We live so far off the beaten track that it is hard to sell unless we go to a market.

Last edited:
We give away our eggs to family and sell a few to friends. My husbands boss buys them from us, he keeps some and also gives them to his parents. We sell them for $1 for a dozen $1.50 for 18 I think it's great deal.....We get about 45 eggs a week and we don't eat near that many.

Henry'schickens :

I give my eggs away to my neighbors and they give me , blackberries, fresh garden goodies (they know I love to can), their canned goods, fix a tire and mount it for me, baked goods, electrical work etc. etc. I love my neighbors!!

Thats just the way it ought to be ....Neighbors helping neighbors !!!!!! I always give mine away ...lol gave some to the family across th street and a month later she sent over fresh baked Jalapeno bread her recipe from her country (Mexico) talk about set your mouth on fire !!!!!! lol...I should have known better when the 12 yr old insisted I try it right then !!!
tongue.png

I both give and sell eggs. I give eggs to friends who have lost their jobs and even if they have a new job may be making alot less money. I also sell eggs for $2 a doz to those wish to purchase them and donate the money to an orphanage sponsered through my church.
I also trade a doz to a friend for a ride to my volunteer job once a week.
If you can't sell them try bartering. I just traded four chicks for a pound of goat cheese, a bale of hay and two bars of goat milk soap.

Always the Best

Rancher

We give away assorted dozens of chicken and duck eggs to our neighbors. We figure it's the neighborly thing to do and we get assorted gifts of fresh fish, etc. in return. To others we sell them for $3/dozen.

We give our eggs away to anyone that wants them. I feel it is the least we can do to help out our friends in this economy. I have a co-worker that charges $2.00/dozen, but she isn't a nice person and so I GIVE my eggs to my co-workers, just to pi** her off!!! Sorry, but she is SOOOO rude in every way!!!
smile.png

I gave a year of free eggs to a GF of mine who was married last summer... but I'll probably go much longer.

Also DH goes to work once in a while with a half dozen to give away. People love it.

I only have 8 birds so that's not enough to support any regular customers.

Back
Top Bottom