Who else got some 2013 chicks?!

OK. We don't speak chicken yet. Why when they get a treat do they go screaming when they get a treat? I mean why not keep quiet and just eat it? Crazy right? Too funny. I've got 3 that are just a little spoiled. I open the mealworm box and they go crazy.

Everyone's chicks are looking great! Mine are getting so big, they're about 3 1/2 weeks old now, and loving their brooder. They just went on a field trip to see the grass and the sky for the first time. They were a little overwhelmed until they got used to it, then they were scratching around:

OK. We don't speak chicken yet. Why when they get a treat do they go screaming when they get a treat? I mean why not keep quiet and just eat it? Crazy right? Too funny. I've got 3 that are just a little spoiled. I open the mealworm box and they go crazy.
I'm not sure why, but it's hilarious! I love giving them treats just to watch the chick football ensue, lol. Here's mine giving it a go:

Everyone's chicks are looking great! Mine are getting so big, they're about 3 1/2 weeks old now, and loving their brooder. They just went on a field trip to see the grass and the sky for the first time. They were a little overwhelmed until they got used to it, then they were scratching around:
I can't believe how fast they grow! So cute
smile.png

Yeah, they got big quick! I'm going to start building their enclosed run this weekend, weather permitting. They have taken over a guest bedroom, and even though they're only 3 1/2 weeks old, I think I might put them out in their coop a little early, with a heat lamp... maybe when they're 5 weeks, that's only 1 1/2 weeks away! Do you think they'll be feathered out enough? By then hopefully it will be above 45 most nights.

mine are half CC Maran, the moms are all diff. 2 moms are EE. 1 mom is speckled sussex, one chick will be pure CCM, one mom is RIR, and one is a hen who lays off white cream colored eggs. The chicks should all be b&w like dad all his other chicks are B&W I thought barred was recessive.

only the B&W ones are his. 2/20

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom