Who else got some 2013 chicks?!

My silkies are arriving around April 8th. I ordered:

3 Whites,
3 Partridges,
and 2 Buffs.
smile.png

My new chicks that I got at TSC yesterday!

Silkie

Porcelain d'Uccle?

Buff orpington bantam?

The little flock

Silkie

Silkie

Porcelain d'Uccle?

There are 4 silkies, possibly one buff orpington bantam, and possibly one porcelain d'uccle.

Im waiting on a goose to set. I have 18 eggs in one nest. Im hoping one of them sets any day. I have 10 duck eggs in a nest and waiting on a duck to set. I have 20 or so duck eggs in an incubator and am adding chicken eggs this week so they hatch around the same time. I have 41 Buff Orpingtons eggs in an incubator. I have 78+ Blue Laced Red Wyandotte eggs coming from 4 different breeders to fill two more incubators. Im going to let my broody hens set whenever they decide to. My hands will be full for a few months, I plan on eating most of the roosters.

I have a nest of 9 goose eggs right now and they are defending it but not quite setting yet either!

I am getting-
1 White Leghorn
1 Ameracauna
1 Barred Rock
1 Buff orpington Roo

Not very many! But I wanted to add a rooster to my flock of 12, but I couldn't JUST get a rooster. (Plus I wanted more, he was just an excuse! :D)

I got more too! 2 Arucannas (sp) Not sure what to name this one just yet. This white/black one is Cheeks. I was happy when i got these guys, last time i got to the feed store to get them, a lady came in five minutes before me and bought them all! So this morning (I knew they were coming in, only i knew and the staff knew of the feed store, they were kind of a surprise!) I got first pick out of 25! So their legs are not blue, so i guess they are true Arracana's? Will they lay Blue eggs mainly? Or green? Or any other color egg? My RIR Katniss, she is being all cute Effie my GLW, and someone's butt, i think it's Rue's butt...not sure lol. These are my new chicks!
Cute! Love the name katniss, I have a blue silkie named Prim ;)

I went to feed store (for feed) and it was hard not to get a few more EE's. Also saw the baby turkey's. That got me to wanting some of them. But reading up on them talked me out of it.

Just placed my order with a local breeder yesterday. She said the eggs will go in brooder this weekend so they should be ready for pickup 4/19-4/21 time frame. Now I gotta get off my butt and get the coop built.

Getting 3 each of Gold laced and silver laced Wyandottes.

Can't wait, these are my first chicks so I'm really stoked. Been thinking/planning/hoping for a year now, can't believe it's finally happening.

So this is gonna sound crazy but I just got two more chicks that are two days old. They seem to sleep a lot! I'm concerned. I can't find anything in my books about it. My other ones were a week old when I got them and I remember them bring more active. The new ones are a silkie and a Polish

Back
Top Bottom