Who Else Has A Broody In January!?!?!

I have a broody! She's a gold laced wyandotte, this is the 2nd time she's gone broody in about a month! I have no roo, so no fertile eggs for her to sit on. I'd give her some eggs to sit on if it wasn't January w/ 20 inches of snow just today! Now I need to try to break her.....silly chicken!

Here are pics's of my 2 current and first broodies

pic heavy
big_smile.png

this is My Australorp, Shes 10 months about. On day 13, And her name is Sargent Mayham
smile.png

55446_sargent_m_2.jpg

55446_sargent_6.jpg

55446_sargent_m_1.jpg

This is My Games hen/ Brown leghorn cross, Shes about 10 months. On day 3, And her name is Chip
smile.png

55446_chip_3.jpg

55446_chip_3.jpg

55446_chip_2.jpg

55446_chip_2.jpg

Sorry for the bad pic quality, Its with my phone.

*raises hand* I have a broody serama of all things lol. She is sitting on 15 eggs, don't ask me how she covers them all but she does and does a very good job at it.

I HAVE A HEN BUT HER CHICK HATCHED!!!! SHE HATCHED LAST WEEK. SHES SO CUTE AND WE NAMED HER BONBON :jumpY.
Her mom is a Leghorn that saw a clutch of silkie eggs and decided to set but only one out of 8 was fertile
hit.gif
its ok though BonBon is still ADORABLE good luck with your hen!

This is my current broody hen, her name is Gertie. She usually is the first to start, though normally she waits until it's a little warmer outside. She did sit in January year before last but I think she was competing with another OEG hen that was also broody. I'm hoping it will warm up some before her eggs are due, she's been setting for just a few days.
PICT0056.jpg

I have one of my Mille Fleur Cochin Bantams wanting to set as of yesterday and also my Midget White Turkey hen is setting, but non of her eggs were fertile guess from the cold so hubby stuck some of our RI Red eggs under her to make her happy. We will see how it goes in 21 days LOL! As for the broody MF she is in a hanging coop and hope she changes her mind real quick, I am still wanting to hatch a few more of them.

Quote:
I'd be taking her off the nest and getting her eating and moving around every time I was in the coop. I've broken a few that way. Might not work all the time as a way of breaking them, but it does keep them eating a little better.

I have about a 7 month old mutt who's setting on 7 eggs. Seems determined. No pics.

Back
Top Bottom