Who Else Has A Broody In January!?!?!

One of my white hens that we hatched in incubator last summer went broody just after Christmas and hatched one chick. The other 3 eggs didn't hatch. They have their own caged in area in the coop with all the other chickens and ducks. Nice to see her raising her one little chick.
jumpy.gif

My cochin went broody in December. In a rush I bought her some lovely fertilized eggs from Lynne and she hatched out two beautiful babies who are now four weeks old. Pretty, pretty, pretty.

Jenny

Unfortunately we are on day 25 or so and no chicks. I'm going to take the eggs away from her today.
sad.png

So what do I do if she keeps sitting on an empty nest? I want to discourage her from staying broody. That was her one chance to do it til spring. Oh well. She did really well for her first time, I'm surprised none hatched.

I just moved my December broody and her 8 chicks outside (it is 50 degrees) to their own pen. They have been in my master bathroom since a week before hatch. Now two more have gone broody and I am going to let them.

Back
Top Bottom