who else has chicks in the house??

My 16 fuzzy butts are coming in August and the brooder is set up in the basement (aka Man-Land), they will be the only "chicks" allowed downstairs.

Quote:
Ha! Is the man going to take care of them too?
wink.png

Traci

regarding lone chicks they are really needy, get another chick, or find a friend, even a guines pig will help raise chick. i got one of those sound machine things and also put on the heartbeat mode next to the stuffed animal.

This is why I brought my broody in with her baby in the first place (resulting in original post...) Poor chickie would have been so lonely. Does anyone have pictures of their current set up for their indoor babies? I'll post mine later this afternoon, the camera battery has to charge.

Here's one right after the baby hatched: (found I had this on the computer already...)
81392_chicken_pics_024.jpg

Quote:
I love this live feed--cute idea! We finally moved 8 outside once they were about 5 weeks old. But until then they were right in the middle of our living room so they could get used to the kids and the dogs!!

Quote:
That is just plain gross
sickbyc.gif

I keep the very little chicks after hatching in box brooders for 4 day's only then they get moved outside regardless. People who keep and defend the practice of house chickens are just plain off their rockers. It's unsanitary, stinky and gross, it does smell to high heaven it's just that you don't smell it, Just plain wierd IMO. I know a few people who have house chickens and their homes are gross and their clothes even stink, but they think it's cool........
hide.gif
duc.gif

To each is own I guess but as long as you know that outside of this forum most people think it's gross.

Last edited:
Well look like mine are coming back in the house!!! Bad weather on the way so I'm moving them back in~ and God Willing I will finish the coop this weekend! Haha
lau.gif

Currently I have 1 brooder with 2 goslings, another with 1 gosling and 1 duckling, another with 7 ringneck pheasant chicks, another with 15 or so LF and bantam chicks, and another with 10 quail, 1 pheasant, 1 guinea, and 7 or 8 chicken chicks. Hoping that the goslings and duckling find a new home soon. Some of the chicks are big enough to move out as soon as I get a pen done for them, the others are too little. I have chicks in the house all year-round. Plus there are 16 cages of button quail. This is all in the spare bedroom. My son calls it the 'baby chicken bedroom'
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom