who else has eggs cooking???

Just put the 8 BR eggs and 6 chicken eggs into lockdown... Trying upright in egg cartons this time... fingers crossed!!
fl.gif

My advice is to wait until day 7 to candle, Some folks candle to early and when they don't see what they expect to see get disappointed.

Yeah, I think I'll wait a few more days. Thank you. :) I did candle a few today just for the heck of it, and there was for sure at least one viable (could see the spider veins), but I need to fix my flashlight so the surface area isn't so big compared to the egg.

We got babies this weekend. Out of the 21 we had in the incubator, most of them hatch but three of them. 18 overall, 9 Dominique and 9 other. After looking at their color, I think they are (EE x BR, or EE x EE). The first time ever we had 4 chicks piped in the wrong side (small end) helped 3 of them, one was facing down so I never saw the pip, it died in the shell. Here are the new babies.

Mine are 1 week old or so now, the top 3 were born Sat, last week, the lower 4 on Mon., and the bottom on Weds. I had set them staggered because I put them in as I got them from 3 diff farms. couple more due this week.

Very cute....
I'm on day 9 with 5 Partridge Wyandotte going by the look of them I wouldn't be surprised if they hatch a few days early the egg looks rather dark for day 9...... after all they are bantams.
Hopefully all goes well....
fl.gif

Here are the 2 due this week the one with yellow is from the gray egg and probably a frizzle, the other is a Blue Isbar/blue andelusian.Their names are Gen 1 and Maybellene.

Thanks!! I hope this works!! I took off today, left and the temp was between 100.8-102.1, humidity sitting at 64%... came home, same temps and humidity at 65% I sure hope they do ok, I am pretty sure my temps and humidity have been good, now its up to the bitties.

I guess I should have updated this... I had three hatch, two, one turkey and one chicken piped the wrong end, the turkey died. The remaining eggs (5) never hatched, one piped internally and died the other four nothing.. final for that batch was 3/8 turkeys

A week later I put the last of this batch into lockdown. 12 eggs (with two possible quitters) laid them down for hatching but this time kept them in the incubator with the fan, noticed a pretty big difference, first, they hatched ON time, not 2 days before.. The first round, 5 turkeys and 10 chickens piped, zipped and hatched within 24 hours, all healthy and fine. The last turkey to hatch, Saturday mid morning hatched with deformed feet, missing a toe on each foot. My husband took care of it two days later as it was obvious it would never walk.
My total hatch for that set was 8/12 turkeys and 12/12 chickens.

I reset 12 Turkey eggs last Wednesday and am hand turning this set to see if that makes a difference. Did a test candle last night (day 6) and all have excellent veining

Back
Top Bottom