Who else is getting chicks tomorrow at TSC??

Quote:
Since TSC hadn't received their live animal boxes yet (and I was getting a large amount), they gave me one of the boxes the chicks were mailed in from Mt Healthy. Since the guy at the store couldn't tell me anything about the tetratints, I called Mt Healthy direct. They said that they are a hybrid that they are shipping to tractor supply. Hens will be white, about 5 lbs, be a high egg producer and will produce a "light creamy tan" egg.

I went to TSC today to get chicks. They had four bins set up but nothing was marked. There were several different colored chicks in the bin, so I asked the employee. He said one bin was suppose to be pullets, one was a straight run, and one was ducks (there were two dead ducks). Is it normal for them to mix up all the chickens and not no anything about them? This is my first time raising chicks so I can't tell what the different ones were just by looking at them and the employee didn't know either. I was just curious if this is how TSC always did it.

Long story short, I left and went to Orschelns and they had them arranged individually. They also had lids on the bins so people/kids can't pick them up and play with them. I bought my first 5 chicks ever, 2 RIR, 2 SLW, and 1 black sex link, woohoo!

Irked; mine had the tetratints and golden comets; but REFUSED to sell me less than 6..

I said why would you all do that? What if I cannot house 6 more? what if I can house like 3?
why would you want me to take 6 in order to meet your quota if I cannot properly house 6?

They had no answer...

Back from TSC. They didnt have any of the specific chicks I was looking for, but I did leave with 6 (their min. purchase). I got 2 Cal.whites, 2 reds of an unspecified variety, one that looks like a EE and one mystery chick. As I am totally new to this, I'm guessing with the "eyeliner" that it could be a welsummer - again, only a guess.
79508_imag2257.jpg

Quote:
Hi Momagain, I was told by a local agriculture person that they do that to keep people from keeping them IN their homes permanently as pets. They carry so much bacteria and germs that it could be very dangerous. Go in with some friends, neighbors or family members. That's what some folks I know do. They only keep small chicken tractors and can not house 6. OR watch craigslist. The farmers are not restricted to sell a certain number.

Quote:
Because they want to know the number of customers in areas of your city/town and what items they purchase, so they can send out advertisements and coupons. Well, that's what they told me.
hmm.png
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom