Who else is waiting for that first egg?

Here is a pic of our second egg from our white leghorns (21 weeks + 2 days). I don't know what this thingy is but it's neat.

That's a nice size egg. I like the little thing on the end it gives the egg character. My eggs have been normal except for one soft shelled egg. I think the weird eggs are the coolest.

Here is a pic of our second egg from our white leghorns (21 weeks + 2 days). I don't know what this thingy is but it's neat.

Goannas are nasty sly pieces of work. They eat the eggs whole, they scare the chooks and they can inflict quite a nasty injury to other animals and indeed to humans. If you suffer a scratch or a bite from a goanna, you can't have it stitched as they turn septic......nasty things all together.....but they do have their place.

My Black Australorp laid her first egg at exactly 22 weeks, however my neighbor's BA's (from the same bunch of chicks), laid a good week and a half before she did. Have hope, you don't have much longer to wait. [/quote A few of mine have some have pretty red waddles and their combs are growing a bit... but turning red...and around their eyes... I have 2 out of the 14 that I think will lay much earlier than the rest.....well I guess we just have to wait for them....

Back
Top Bottom