Who else is waiting for that first egg?

Still waiting with my six 15.5 week old isa brown pullets. I begrudgingly bought another dozen eggs at the store tonight. Come on ladies! Lol

Last edited:
Hi 2Karen22 - my Isa Browns were sleeping on their nesting boxes and I read somewhere that if you go into the coop once they have gone to bed you just pick them up and physically put them on the roost. They are really docile when they are asleep. My son and I did this for just 4 nights in a row and low-and-behold, all were happily roosting on their perch when we went in for day 5! That was 4 months ago now. Hope you have the same success
smile.png

I started forgetting to look for eggs, until I heard someone making that noise I've heard at a friends house, so I looked. Here my rooster is making this noise the hen does when she lays. Darn!!! So still waiting :)

These are pictures of two of our four girls (2BR and 2RIR). They are 20 weeks old and everyday is like Easter for my kids going out to the coop and looking for eggs. We are waiting and keep telling ourselves that they will lay one of these days.

My 2 barred rocks did not lay eggs until they were 22 wks since BR concentrate on putting on weights but very consistent layers.

One of my pullets was singing the egg song and going crazy moving from one nesting box to the other for a couple of hours this morning. Still no egg from her though :( Maybe tomorrow.

Do chickens usually lay their eggs around the same time every day? Mine layed their first and second eggs Friday and Saturday around 11a.m. Still waiting for one today.
An egg cycle is around 25 hours. They will usually get a bit later every day.Then when it gets a little late in the day will skip to next day. Others lay every other day or even every 3 days.Just depends on different breeds or individual hens.No hard and fast rules. I hope I haven't just confused you .Ha Ha.

Back
Top Bottom