Who else is waiting for that first egg?

For some reason CoCo has started laying her eggs on the grill. She was laying in nesting boxes. The two that have been laying in nesting boxes stopped. I had to make some changes. They do not like the mix of hay and shavings, so I cleaned all out and put in only shavings, also I painted the inside of boxes black to darken them more. It's also hot inside coop, so I added a small fan pointed at the nesting boxes. Two of the girls started laying in there again, but this one wont.

My first egg day happened this week on Wednesday. I later found out my first egg turned into my Second! 2 ladies decided to lay their first eggs on the same day! Im on day 4 now and have already collected 7 eggs! They even use the nest box! I'm a Happy chicken lady to say the least!

Yaaaah! Congrats! especially since they even used their nest box!

Hi y'all! I'm so excited- we got our first egg today!! From one of my 19 week old Golden Comets. They have been squatting for a couple of weeks and I heard the first egg song a couple of weeks ago , too. I put a ceramic egg in the nest box and she went right in. Now waiting for the other six of various breeds.

We just got back from a 10 day cross-country road trip to find out my little Blue Andalusian started laying one day after we left! The neighbor saved all of her eggs for us, what a nice welcome home surprise! So far she's laid 9 eggs in 11 days.

One of our barred rock girls, Amy, laid the first egg today! It was very exciting around our house this morning as we knew it would be very soon when she started checking out and sitting in the nesting boxes for extended periods of time. I've been anxious for the first egg for a while as the other two girls (Penny and Bernadette) have been showing "imminent" egg laying signs for a few weeks now, but Amy had only started showing signs in the last few days…egg was small (1.25oz) but adorable and perfect to us! Looking forward to many more and just continuing to enjoy the girls' company. Our two terriers got to enjoy the first egg on some kibble as they've been more than patient with the extra attention paid to the chickens and are not aggressive towards them in the slightest.

We just got back from a 10 day cross-country road trip to find out my little Blue Andalusian started laying one day after we left! The neighbor saved all of her eggs for us, what a nice welcome home surprise! So far she's laid 9 eggs in 11 days.

My Andalusian has been a super trooper on the laying. Congrats! I think you will greatly enjoy having her around a long time. Mine is 5 years old and took the winter off this year. She has been laying about 5 eggs a week after she started back up this spring.

One of our barred rock girls, Amy, laid the first egg today! It was very exciting around our house this morning as we knew it would be very soon when she started checking out and sitting in the nesting boxes for extended periods of time. I've been anxious for the first egg for a while as the other two girls (Penny and Bernadette) have been showing "imminent" egg laying signs for a few weeks now, but Amy had only started showing signs in the last few days…egg was small (1.25oz) but adorable and perfect to us! Looking forward to many more and just continuing to enjoy the girls' company. Our two terriers got to enjoy the first egg on some kibble as they've been more than patient with the extra attention paid to the chickens and are not aggressive towards them in the slightest.

Well that is little and perfect. NICE! Super nice of you to let the doggies have the first one. LOL let the begging for eggs begin!

For some reason CoCo has started laying her eggs on the grill. She was laying in nesting boxes. The two that have been laying in nesting boxes stopped. I had to make some changes. They do not like the mix of hay and shavings, so I cleaned all out and put in only shavings, also I painted the inside of boxes black to darken them more. It's also hot inside coop, so I added a small fan pointed at the nesting boxes. Two of the girls started laying in there again, but this one wont.

All you need is to put a frying pan up there! Hahaha!

Finally got our first egg! So exciting. Thank you to the other BYC members for suggesting I open up the nesting boxes. She laid a perfect small brown egg right next to the fake egg. Yay!!!

Back
Top Bottom