Who else is waiting for that first egg?

So yesterday I gave my chickens a choice, I want 3 eggs by tomorrow or Thursday there will be a mandatory egg laying seminar. Now I have one daily layer, one that laid her first egg four days ago and nothing since, and six free loading teasers. They must not have wanted to attend my seminar because I came home from a 16 hour shift to three eggs! And one was a first time lay. Way to go Eggs
:gig my silkies are too stupid to even know what a seminar is. They still don't get it. I think I'll have to show them the roasting pan.
The Red Sexling (Henrietta) has been doing great. From left to right 1st, 2nd and 3rd day eggs.
Nice!

4 eggs so far. All from 2 BO's 1 Fri 1 Sat 1 Mon and a soft shell yesterday. Nothing today. Small, but it's progress. It's been right at 100 deg all week, 104 today, My EE's should be right behind, they're 21 weeks, no squatting, no interest in the boxes. My next group will be a while, just now 4 mos. Then 5 more that are just now 3 mos.

Here's my next group of teenagers

So yesterday I gave my chickens a choice, I want 3 eggs by tomorrow or Thursday there will be a mandatory egg laying seminar. Now I have one daily layer, one that laid her first egg four days ago and nothing since, and six free loading teasers. They must not have wanted to attend my seminar because I came home from a 16 hour shift to three eggs! And one was a first time lay. Way to go Eggs
yuckyuck.gif

Another 1st egg today! This one was from our RIR, Charlotte. I saw her lay it in the run so that solves the mystery of who's egg was laid yesterday. The larger lighter egg is from our Columbian Rock, Bird.

Last edited:
Gorgeous eggs everyone. It is so fun isn't it... Like being a kid and waiting to see what Santa left under the tree. I have been gone all day and killing me not being home so I can check for eggs
1f413.png
1f413.png
1f413.png
1f413.png
1f413.png

Week 24 came and went today, I think the heat is what's putting off my girls, 3 of them are squatting but no eggs. Hopefully it cools down soon

Back
Top Bottom