Who else is waiting for that first egg?

Finally after 24 almost 25 weeks I finally got my egg!! It's so small compared to my store bought eggs, my only problem is that I don't know which barnevelder laid it because both are squatting now

Have 2 laying now, sure that new layer is Frankie, RIR. She sounded like she was laying an ostrich egg... Egg is much bigger than Austrolop. It is shaped like a bullet. Feel like a proud Grandma!

I got my first egg yesterday afternoon! I was super excited, even jumping up and down. my daughter who is 11 thought I was crazy...I have 21 hens and they are either 22 weeks old and 20 week old hens. Can anyone tell me how long after the first egg will she lay again?

Seems like I have been reading this thread since page 1 waiting on our chickens to lay, but today around 11 heard one of our girls singing the egg song in the nesting box. After several trips in and out of the coop she laid her first egg around 12:30. She is a RIR and around 24 weeks old. Now just have to get the other three freeloaders (1 RIR AND 2 BR) to lay.

I got my first egg yesterday afternoon! I was super excited, even jumping up and down. my daughter who is 11 thought I was crazy...I have 21 hens and they are either 22 weeks old and 20 week old hens. Can anyone tell me how long after the first egg will she lay again?
the two of my hens that just started have been alternating days. Bird (CR) was day 1 and 3 and Charlotte (RIR) was day 2 and we are pretty sure she gave us two today on day 4. both my other hens have started squatting and checking out the nest box. they are all 18 1/2 weeks old now.

Found our first egg today but it was from the duck!!! Somehow I managed to forget that I should be looking for eggs on that side of the coop as well.still not a single eggfrom my girls, so I showed them the duck egg asan example lol. Congrats to all the first eggs out there!

I got faked out again! My EE that I predicted would lay her first egg today was in the nesting box for a while. Came out clucking away and when I went to collect there was nothing in the box she was in. They think they are so funny!

Back
Top Bottom