Who else is waiting for that first egg?

I'm only getting one egg a day. If both were laying they would be more than that. Plus the other one that is showing signs of laying is an Easter egger. Only the first 2 looked like that on the right. The rest all look like on the left only gotten bigger.

The fact that the bird is an Easter Egger does not rule out it being a contributor of either egg as the mixing of breeds that goes into creating birds marketed as Easter Eggers is such that the resulting birds *may* lay blue/green eggs, but they can also produce any shade of brown (from pinkish to cream to various levels of brown).

Here is the basket, took the picture just now. The one marked 1 is the first egg. Not as different as they look in my hand up close (I've given some away). I'm not trying to be argumentative I promise and I know yall have more experience collectively but I live with these girls day to day. I'm pretty sure it's the same hen. If I find out I'm wrong I'll admit it of course.

O
Here is the basket, took the picture just now. The one marked 1 is the first egg. Not as different as they look in my hand up close (I've given some away). I'm not trying to be argumentative I promise and I know yall have more experience collectively but I live with these girls day to day. I'm pretty sure it's the same hen. If I find out I'm wrong I'll admit it of course.
[/quote
I have a columbian rock that has not laid a consistent coloured egg yet. She has laid nearly white all the way to a deep brown. These two eggs were laid by the same chicken.

We got our first egg yesterday! My favorite Leghorn was the first producer.
1f601.png
We have 3 Leghorns, 4 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Australorps, and 5 Barred Rocks.
2764.png

I have six chickens from 22-26 weeks old that have started laying these last two weeks. My two white orps are still not laying at 22 weeks. The other ones are cracking me up. They are barred rocks, white rock and a speckled sussex. I check for eggs several times a day and I regularly find two or three hens all shoved in one nest box. I seen one of my barred rocks with two others hens in one box the other day and she layed her egg on another hens back and bailed out of the nest. Within 5 min I got 3 eggs! I watched them all lay a egg and leave. Lol my speckled Sussex is bottom of the pecking order and she will lay in the other nest box. She gets it all to herself:) silly birds.

The wait is over for us, finally.
yesss.gif
Our girls are 19wks 1 day as of yesterday when we found one of our Buff Orpingtons sitting on her first egg in a nest box! I always thought it would be one of our Black Australorps but Buffy proved us wrong. Every day will be like an Easter egg hunt, we're so excited!!

I use a pencil and lightly write on each egg the date and total number of eggs
. I write "Goldie" now on her egg since she is a miracle chicken. recovering from terrible FLYSTRIKE inches below her vent..... and Impacted crop
She was recuperating inside for over 20 plus days. She is now out in a little TSC tractor during last two daysand ack in OUR house at nite
. So her sister girls will get used to her AGAIN and Roo can see her. He keeps hanging around her,,,,, waiting I am sure to mate her......
WISH I could hyptonize him to leave her alone and some of the others who are losing feathers and raw wingtips

Back
Top Bottom