Who else is waiting for that first egg?

My Red Sex Link started about 3 weeks ago with a 33g first egg. She was the first of 22 to lay and since then a bunch have started. Out of the 22 we are getting an average of 10 a day and rising. Sizes are varying from 33-51g.
Pen consists of 15 BSL, 3 RIR and 1 each ,RSL, EE, SLW, GLW. Things are looking good as they are all around 26 weeks, big and healthy.
No signs of molt yet in the adult pen of 10 and they are dropping between 5-6 a day, ranging from 48-73g.
Still getting first eggs from some judging by the size.

Last edited:

I have 4 of these girls that are about 25 weeks. I think they are barred rocks and would lay brown eggs and been patiently waiting for eggs. Well for three days now I've had an extra white egg so I waited around the coop today to figure out the mystery. And she laid an egg and it was white.

She's lovely! Congrats on the eggs!

I have 4 of these girls that are about 25 weeks. I think they are barred rocks and would lay brown eggs and been patiently waiting for eggs. Well for three days now I've had an extra white egg so I waited around the coop today to figure out the mystery. And she laid an egg and it was white.

That is a California Grey

Last edited:

I have 4 of these girls that are about 25 weeks. I think they are barred rocks and would lay brown eggs and been patiently waiting for eggs. Well for three days now I've had an extra white egg so I waited around the coop today to figure out the mystery. And she laid an egg and it was white.[/quote
So did you purchase these as barred rocks? Wow, I for sure would have thought it was a Barred rock...where did you buy them? Rae

I have 4 of these girls that are about 25 weeks. I think they are barred rocks and would lay brown eggs and been patiently waiting for eggs. Well for three days now I've had an extra white egg so I waited around the coop today to figure out the mystery. And she laid an egg and it was white.[/quote
So did you purchase these as barred rocks? Wow, I for sure would have thought it was a Barred rock...where did you buy them? Rae

I bought them from tractor supply May 4th. They were 5 days old and the girl there didn't know what they were. I thought they were barred rocks but I was wrong. Im a little disappointed, I wanted more brown eggs but there not going anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom