Who else is waiting the impossible wait?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chickenprincess92, Jul 17, 2010.

1. chickenprincess92

chickenprincess92 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    My 5 chickens are 15 and 17 weeks old, i am still waiting for eggs!!! [​IMG] I guess they still are a little young but it feels like the hands on the clock just wont move. [​IMG] Im going to grow old waiting for them. [​IMG] It is so frusterating!!! [​IMG] Who else is still waiting? [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  2. oesdog

oesdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Ireland
    Ha your further on than me!

My wee babys are only 5/6 weeks old so no eggs for ages yet. None if there all Roooooos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oesdog - keep on waiting. [​IMG] My big girlies still give me some eggs though - [​IMG]

3. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    oh I am just waiting and waiting and waiting!

4. X2Farm

X2Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Homer, GA
    My chicks aren't even gonna be here till Friday, so I knew I had a good wait ahead of me.... [​IMG] It was drivin me nuts, havin to wait, knowing we'd be outta store bought eggs very soon....

I couldn't wait, got 6 RIR's yesterday... and to my dismay, 4 eggs this am [​IMG][​IMG]

5. chickenprincess92

Jul 12, 2010
    I am impressed that my hens are making this so frusterating. I bet they will lay soon. I hope yours lay soon to. [​IMG]

6. I-Have-Happy-Hens

I-Have-Happy-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    I am waiting also, [​IMG] mine are 16 weeks tomorrow. 2 GLW and 3 New Hamshire Reds. So I Hope they will lay soon. [​IMG]

7. BethieofVA

BethieofVA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2010
    Yorktown, Virginia
    Mine are 18 weeks and nada! I look a few times a day.

8. chickenprincess92

Jul 12, 2010
    I wish i could just tell them to lay me an egg, and they would just listen to me. I have a feeling my chicken will lay soon!!! I cant wait!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] STILL WAITING!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I will post again once I get my first egg

9. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

2 of our GSLs started laying last Tuesday, another joined the crowd this Tuesday... still got one holdout.

These girls were hatched March 1st (I think, may have been 2nd) so that makes 2 of them laying at 18 weeks and the third laying at 19 weeks... with one 19.5 week old still freeloading, maybe she'll decide to follow the pattern and we'll have four eggs on Tuesday?
    [​IMG]

10. chickenprincess92

Jul 12, 2010
    Im praying for all of you (and your chickens) lets hope they lay soon. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by