Who else is waiting the impossible wait?

Egg #5 from one of the EE's today...that makes one pretty green egg each day for last 5 days. They are 26 weeks old now, when will the other girls start chipping in?!

Mine are 16 weeks old today and I am ever so excited to start finding eggs!!! Cant wait!!!!
fl.gif

My EE laid her first egg on December 20, and has only missed a couple of days. So far, she is my most reliable layer. She was 23 weeks at the time. Maybe they are all from one pullet?

Quote:

I would imagine the buffs and the rocks should start up soon. My one EE has given us 6 eggs in the past week (started laying last Tues). So far, it seems she lays an egg a day for 3 days then takes a day off. One of my brown egg layers started this week and they are just now 25 weeks old. Looking forward to seeing how many eggs we get tomorrow. If I'm really lucky, maybe I'll get a green egg, a brown one, and a white one! My leghorn was making the most awful racket yesterday afternoon (when I was trying to take a nap of course) so I had to go make sure something wasn't attacking the chickens. Nope, just screaming for the heck of it. I was hoping it was her "egg song" but didn't see any eggs from her yet.

Okay, so I have to update this thread. My EE Sadie, still hasn't laid an egg. She will soon be a year old. She finally squatted for the first time yesterday! I think I may resume my former excitement. Her egg is the most highly anticipated egg in the history of chickenhood.

My EE laid her first egg at about 23 weeks if I remember correctly. Be patient. You don't want them laying too soon, or it can cause them problems later on.

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom