Who else thinks we've all gone mad?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by CochinBrahmaLover, Jan 12, 2012.

1. So I was out snow shoeing with a chicken under my arm in my jacket half way zipped when I thought, I'm gonna grow up to be known as the crazy chicken lady with 50 chickens and 20 ducks and geese inside the house and a huge river where all the other waterfowl will go. Then I'll get a bunch of guineas and peahens and quails (all the while living where they can free range all year long) and I'll supply TX or somewhere like that with a bunch of wild chickies and turkeys and quails and so on. Who else feels like me?

2. So I'm the only one SERIOUSLY?? AND I THOUGHT THIS WAS A CHICKEN PLACE [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  3. armdchicken

armdchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2012
    Fairbanks, alaska
    Yes we all have gone mad. Some more than others ;)

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    We're all BAT CRAP CRAZY!!!

1 person likes this.
  5. THANK YOU!! JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE I WASN'T ALONE!!

6. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

My neighbors have chickens and cows. I've got chickens, ducks, ahd pigs and getting turkies (I guess [​IMG] ) and I am known as the crazy farm girl LoL

7. Nitrous

Nitrous Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2011
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    It's a strange addiction. It feels so natural, it creeps up on you. You don't even realize it until it is FAR too late to save yourself.

You don't even feel strange telling people about the weird things you do.

Chicken Math allows you to "not buy any more chickens" while still adding to your flock, considerably.

8. BookWorm243

BookWorm243 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Franklin, NC
    Nitrousyou are so right! It does just creep up on you before you know it!!! Darn that chicken math!! [​IMG]

I have gone mad in the head, that I know for sure [​IMG]
    We had Chickens, Guineas, and a Turkey who was named Butter [​IMG]
    Until a lovely family of raccoons decided that our yard was the best restaurant around. We were forced to sell the rest of our chicks around 4 months ago. We have taken this time and made sure that every little nook and cranny is covered so nothing can get in!!! We are planning on getting Chickens, Guineas, Turkeys, and Geese ( I am sure we will think of more along the way ) Hehe [​IMG]

9. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    ok, my first post on the new platform. Here is goes:

We are all chicken crazy here and chicken math is the worst. Almost as bad as horsie math. [​IMG] I am finally downsizing my flock. It was becoming a chore, not a joy.

10. CluckyJay

CluckyJay Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2011
    Crossville, Tennessee
    I massage my roosters combs and wattles because they like it and it makes them fall asleep. [​IMG] I also garden and do chores while holding Lady, our RIR hen. :D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by