Who else took the chick plunge! (Pics on post 101)

I have 6 chicks shipping the first week of April. So excited!! We wanted 4 but I ordered 6 thinking that 1 or 2 might not make it to adulthood. Planning a coop for 8 just in case they send a bonus baby [ordered from Meyer Hatchery, anyone know if they routinely send extra chicks for small orders? ]

I took the plunge Saturday morning and ordered 10 chicks from Meyers. They should be here the middle of March. I got 4 Easter egger pullets, 1 Delaware pullet, 1 Blue Andalusian, 1 Barred Rock, 1 Cuckoo Marans, 1 Light Brown Leghorn and the Meyer Meal Maker (wonder what it will be??)!! I am super excited, just wish I didn't have to wait so long for my fuzzy butts!!!

A good friend who raises fowl called to tell me he was putting in an order and did I want to get anything?

Heck ya lol! 14 Standard Cochin chicks due 2/20! Had to get 2 varieties straight run so ordered 4 each hoping for at least 1 hen in each 4....

Now to get a brooder set up!

I will be receiving my very first chicks in about a month! I am getting 2 Auraucanas, 2 Cuckoo Marans, 2 Black Star, 2 Red Star, 2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Golden Polish, and 14 Cornish X Rock. McMurray told me they could come anywhere between Feb. 17th- 22nd. I am EXTREMELY excited!!!

I'm starting a new flock of just 4, but I'm just as excited as everyone else!! I have 2 Deleware, 1 Barred Rock and 1 Buff Orp on the way! They will be here on March 7th and It can't come fast enough. I already have the feed and feeders ready to go! LOL

I ordered from My pet chicken in December. I ordered 2 salmon faverolles, 1 buff orpington, 1 astrolprop, 1 silver laced wyandotte, 1 golden laced wyandotte, 1 blue laced red wyandotte , 1 silver spangled hanburg & 1 blue splash marans. I have to wait until April 9th for my ship date....can't wait. I currently have 4 about 9 months old, 4 about 7 months old and 4 about 5 months old.

Hopefully April 1st i'll be getting ten balls of fluff!!!!!
yesss.gif

=D i have 2 orders of about 30 (ish) each coming the week of march 5th !!! =D (dh said i couldnt order them to be here before febuaray .. didnt say anything about first week of march !! haha =p ) i ordered .. ( dont remember the exact quantitys .. ) light brahma buff brahmas and dark brahmas ( 2 each standard .. hens on the dark and light st run on the buffs) 1 mottled cochin bantam 1 birchen cochin bantam i may have ordered some blue standard . i dont remember tho lol i did order partridge cochin hens (standard size ) blue silkies 2 mille fluer d' uccles 2 porcelian d'Uccles white laced red cornish i think i got bantam andstandards of them .. 2 quail antwerp belgians 2 bantam ameracuanas 2 standard ameracuans ..(might actually have got 4 standards) 2 speckled sussex hens .. 1 turken hen (to go with my turken roo) i think i got some dark cornish hens.. blue andalusians anconas gl polish sl polish buff laced polish 2 of each =p 2 salmon faverolles hens phoenix roo 25 of the collection cockrells ..( grandma has this crazy sceam about the feather hair extensions .. =/ lol) eqyptian fayoumis marans blue laced red wyandtooes i think i got silver leghorns and red caps .. buttercups i think thats all lol ordered them all from Mcmurrays =)

I'd be satisfied if I could get to where you are now! That is a work of art you got going there. Best of luck to you completing the masterpiece! =D

I took the plunge too! I have a dozen Black Javas coming this Spring. I have the brooder all set and working on the coop. I was very fortunate to find a local person that is already experienced with the breed to provide my chickies. I'm so excited - can't wait! I live in South Lyon, MI

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom