Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Salty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hot

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Cold

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Something I grew up having at breakfast is morir sonando(to die in dreams meaning it's so good you'll think you died on your sleep). It's a drink.
We've always made individual sizes and never measured anything.
2/3rd of a glass of orange juice
A little less than 1/3 milk
1/8 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon sugar or to taste
Ice
Mix the OJ, vanilla and sugar together until the sugar dissolves.
Mix milk into OJ
Add ice.
Don't pour OJ into the milk because it can cause it to curdle. It will taste the same just look gross.
It tastes like an orange creamsicle or Orange Julius.

Love cooking, baking, indirect heat cooking on the grill, plain grilling. Make bread, cinnamon rolls, cookies, candies, pies, cheesecakes. Make my own egg noodles. Can cook wild game too. Clean up isn't bad I cleaned as I go. Hubby asked for brownies for his lunch, so tomorrow will be making a couple of batches.

I'm a kitchen heretic. I put things in pots without measuring, rarely follow recipes (only one specific recipe I follow religiously, and it's for a secret family recipe sauce) combine things that shoulnd't work together, and yummy food comes out the other end. It's an innate talent. I think a lot of it is knowing how long to cook a given thing to get the desired tenderness, moisture control (especially with fowl), and knowing the right time to season. If you can get those things down, cooking is a breeze. Also, an instant pot is a necessity. Also doubles as a slow cooker, rice cooker, and steamer as well.

Steak protip: Sear on grill, then finish off in an oven or broiler. Locks in the flavor and gets you to desired doneness without making the meat tough.

I love homemade recipes!!! I don’t have the recipes with me now, but things I like to make are:

-Peanut Butter Blossoms
-Fun/interesting cookies(like adding exotic ingredients)
-I’ve recently gotten into making Arroz con leche, or “rice with milk”! It’s soooo good!!!

I'm no cook, I have to learn now though. My fav. cookie where my wife's peanut butter, she would always blacken the bottoms of a few for me. Mmmmm, with hot black coffee..died and gone to heaven.

Anyone here enjoy cooking? Well, I have to say that I technically can cook food, but am much more of a wizz at baked goods. Anyone got any good recipes or things they wanna share? I know my favourite thing to make is apple pie and ice cream. Also chocolate fudge is nice, and anything that involves melting down chocolate or piping (or both!). So watdoya like?

I recently picked up an electric pressure cooker. Amazing how fast it cooks. So far, pot roast, stew and soups.

Back
Top Bottom