Who Had Babies After 35??

I support your decision not to have amnio. It's very well known in my community of nurse and midwife friends that amnio often causes spontaneous abortion. I had my girl when I was 37 so I can't speak to earlier vs. later as she is my only. I also chose not to have amnio. At 42 now I thought, I would have had atleast 2 more but it hasn't been in the stars for me I guess. If it does happen, I am definitely going to hire a doula (an advocate for me and what I want) as I'm still upset about the way things went with my birth and my husband was just useless in advocating for me despite my months of prepping him. Many women have put it off for later years and then had great difficulty getting to where you are. What a gift! and miracle you have! I'm so happy for you.

35 and older is the new norm for having babies. I had my first at age 31, my second at age 34, and my third at age 40. I thought about having the prenatal tests like an amnio,etc, with the last one, but just opted for the routine bloodwork, I figured I wouldn't/couldn't abort anyways. I was never offered a 3d ultrasound, maybe my hospital didn't have one. Having a baby at 40 keeps me young, he is now almost 5 years old, and I feel just as good as when I had my first. The only thing is I need to keep the gray hair colored, or else people think I'm grandma.. LOL

I had my first one at 29 and my second one at 35-a couple weeks. My second one was a little over 3 weeks early or I would have been 35. I said she had to come early because she is a sprawler and had no room to do so.
lol.png
The prenatal care was the same. I wouldn't have an amnio either-to many problems can arise!

i just wanted to say, my mom had my sister at 35, and refused all the crazy test!! she did have a ultraound, and it was the only one she had had with all four of us! (my sister is 18) anyway, besides being a big spoiled brat, shes perfectly fine!!!

I was 32 with the first and a breeze . I was 36 with the 2nd and you would have thought I was 70 the way all the doctor's made such a fuss about being " mature" in age. I did not have the amnio either. I did have the alfa fetta protien blood work done and it said my risk were higher damage to the baby with the amnio that the risk of down syndrome. SO all was good!!! 3 1/2 weeks esrly and 8 lb 9 oz. "BIG" baby!!! Just think he would have been a 10 pounder if I had went anthor 3 weeks!!!! Good luck. It is a blessing .

My kids range in age from 21 years to 2 years. I was a few month shy of 21 with my first, 31 with my second and 6 months away from 40 with my last.

My mother had me when she was 41. That was 35 yr ago and at that time it was scary for them. Now a days it is pretty normal. All I can say for having children at a older age is that if you are not it great shape before you might get tired easier and things might just seam a little harder. I do agree with everyone else that you learn with age and dont go spastic about everything like you did when you were younger and trying to prove that you were mature enough to take care of a child. I am done having my children but hope to surrogate for a family or 2 to give them that wonderful experience that some of use just take for granted. Jenn

I can't blame you for being scared to have another amnio. If it doesn't matter what the outcome of that test would provide then there is no need. However, I do believe there are newer tests out there that can help give the same or similar results but are less invasive, so do your research. Many mothers have babies later in life. My Mom had my baby sister ( 22 yrs. ago ) when she was 38. Other than pre-eclampsia ( sp? ) she did fine. She did the amnio without any complications.
I wish you all the best

Howdy I have to put my self in here.
I was 51 when my last was born.I was a dad at 18 yrs an now I am 59.WOW I get excited thinking about it. Wonderful . I love all my children ,But I enjoy my last Son an Daughter the most .My Daughter is 10 Emilie .My Son is 8 Kody
They are so much more fun. I know my other children are somewhat Jealious. But stuff happens.Yes I have more patience now. And on the other hand the things that were so important before. you do not care about now.
EXAMPLE

59 yrs. You say try not to spill the milk "Please" You figure if you use manners your children will use them. Because you do want the neighbors to here.

18 yrs. If you spill that milk I am going to Spank you and y0u will not be able to sit down for a week.At the top of your Lungs so the neighbor can here you.And you do not care if they here you

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom