Who has a Kitchen Aid Mixer?

I have one and I love it. You will not be sorry when you get one and find a place to to leave it on the counter, they are heavy, and you will use it even more. I make lots of pound cakes so it is great!

My mom gave me the very basic model, the K45SS, when I moved out just over 20 years ago. I use it almost everyday and have never had a problem with it.

I have the one....Pink of course! Called the Artisan Not sure of the model but has every attachment. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! Use it everyday for bread , infact 21yo DS is making bread right now!
big_smile.png

You won't be sorry! They run forever! I have a blender, hand mixer, coffee mill, toaster, stove and fridge. They are great! KitchenAid has a wonderful warranty program. Best investment I made for my kitchen besides teaching all the monsters to cook!

Last edited:
I have a burgundy one and I love it! its the 350 w 5 quart tilt head.

about the plastic gears... metal gears are great! but if it binds up the gears won't give out they will grind away. but... your motor will burn up. plastic gears that break are cheap and easy to replace and save the expensive motor to knead another day...

I got one yesterday t he 6quart proffesional. the bowl lifts up. I'm going to bake bread tomorrow and cookies and cake and whatever else I can find.

Thanks for all the replies!! We have been looking on Amazon and the prices went up the closer it got to Christmas. I never would have thought to look at Sam's. I asked for money this Christmas instead of gifts to put towards the Mixer fund.

I have a breadmachine that I use for bread dough so I don't really want one for that. I would use it for cookies, cakes, mashed taters, etc. The meat grinder attachment would come in handy when we move. We get our burger from FIL that has beef cattle. I thought it would be neat to have the pasta attachment to make my own pasta. I have never done that before so I think it would be cool!

I didn't realize until last week that not all the models have the tilt head. What I was wondering, is it a pain to remove the bowl with the beaters and the like still attached?

What kind of warranty do they offer and have you ever had to use it?
Thanks for all your replies!

Back
Top Bottom