Who has a problem peeling boiled eggs?

I am 67 years old and I just learned how to peel soft or hard boiled eggs without tearing up the egg and in under 10 seconds per egg!

Follow this simple easy anybody can do it recipe for easy peeling of eggs.

Put a pot of water on your stove and bring to a rolling boil.
Remove eggs from your refrigerator and using a large spoon gently put the cold eggs in boiling water.
You may cover if you wish and boil 11 minutes for soft boiled or 15 for harder boiled eggs.
When your time is up remove and drain and run cold water over eggs for a minute or two.
I peel them under a bit of running water but not necessary.
Even if an egg cracks when you put it in boiling water, it will still peel very easily.
Not many even crack though, maybe one out of a dozen, but it is still good.

Some or many of you on here already know this, but I didn't and I am sure there are others that don't.

Now I can just hear the doubting Thomas's think I'm pulling their leg by suggesting a cold egg in boiling water, right? Well, somebody on here who like me, has always had trouble peeling eggs will try this and they will then thank this old man.

old.gif

Those that try it, post your results......

OK, I hit the RED FLAG by mistake thinking it was an "edit", sorry moderators!

An edit here for perfect SOFT BOILED EGGS: Put one half inch of water in pan and bring to a boil. Add eggs straight from refrigerator. Cover. Cook six and one half minutes. Remove eggs and run them under cold water for 30 seconds. Cut and enjoy.
Note: I know, the eggs will not be covered by water. Try cooking just one like the directions above if you like SOFT BOILED EGGS and let us know your results.

Note: My original post says boil eleven minutes for soft boiled and 15 minutes for harder boiled eggs.....It should have read 11 minutes for "softer" boiled which is not the same thing as "soft boiled eggs.

Back
Top Bottom