Who has purchased eggs from ebay ? and what was your hatch rate ?

I agree with the randomness of success with mail delivered eggs.
I just completed a 0% hatch rate 0/13 from a seller i had good success with last year (9/13).
These eggs were delivered in July, and I just think that is too hot.
The shipping was excellent, no breaks, but 2 were leaking from the pressure changes during flight.
Another leaked after it warmed up in the 'bator.
Next attempt: early March shipping.

I got 36 eggs in July and it was a bust. This is my second time of have zero hatch. Frustrating. All of the eggs I received I really wanted. I think heat/cold caused some issue. Think about the change from outside to inside in their Journey....CA to SC. I am absolutely sticking to eggs that can be picked up.

I bought 10 BCM eggs from eBay from a seller and 12 BCM from another......got 12 and 18, they 18 pack had 4 pulley eggs, and had scratch marks on them, both sets were packed awesome though, 19 hatched 1 died 2 days later...... All of the chicks had goofy feet and had issues of splay legs and situations, I'm down to 4 hens and 2 Roos, hatched first week in June

I bought 8 Silkie Showgirl eggs, 5 were good at first Candle. 5 were good at Second Candle. I had problems keeping the Humidity up in my Incubator during lockdown. 2 hatched at Day 20 and were sticky, I had to help them, 3 others were moving at peeping but died in the shell. (My fault)

I bought 10 Polish Frizzle Eggs, 1 was broken upon reciept. 8 were good at first Candle, 2 were infertile, and 1 was not developing. 8 were good at second Candle. We are on Day 22 and nothing has hatched. I've kept my humidity and temp just about perfect the entire time. I am now wondering if anything is going to hatch with these, but I've been told to wait until at least day 24 to make sure.

I now have 6 Silkie and 9 Showgirls in the incubator, they are only on Day 5, so I will Candle them tomorrow and we will see how they are doing. The lady that sold me the Silkies sent me a note in the shipment along with a complete refund saying her hens were acting funny so she wasn't sure they were fertile. That was a very nice thing to do. She gave me my money back and sent the eggs too.

I bought 8 Silkie Showgirl eggs, 5 were good at first Candle.  5 were good at Second Candle.  I had problems keeping the Humidity up in my Incubator during lockdown.  2 hatched at Day 20 and were sticky, I had to help them, 3 others were moving at peeping but died in the shell.  (My fault)

I bought 10 Polish Frizzle Eggs, 1 was broken upon reciept.  8 were good at first Candle, 2 were infertile, and 1 was not developing.  8 were good at second Candle.  We are on Day 22 and nothing has hatched.  I've kept my humidity and temp just about perfect the entire time.  I am now wondering if anything is going to hatch with these, but I've been told to wait until at least day 24 to make sure.  

I now have 6 Silkie and 9 Showgirls in the incubator, they are only on Day 5, so I will Candle them tomorrow and we will see how they are doing.  The lady that sold me the Silkies sent me a note in the shipment along with a complete refund saying her hens were acting funny so she wasn't sure they were fertile.  That was a very nice thing to do.  She gave me my money back and sent the eggs too.

did any of your silkies that were on day 22 hatch ?

I sell eggs on ebay quite frequently. I also have a hatch rate of 90% myself but as we all know you can't guarantee that to any buyer.

Yesterday I got into an 'ugly' dispute with a customer who ordered 4 eggs that she received the 9th. She claimed they were bad and didn't hatch. You're suppose to let eggs sit for 24 hours before incubating them. She was only on day 17 when she emailed me claiming they were bad [almost lock down period] Saying she has 'expensive incubator and expensive egg turner so it should work' I notified ebay that she was harassing me at one point [she started being ugly towards me] and also that she had not waited the 21+ days for them to even hatch.

She basically demanded new eggs for free [never mentioned her paying shipping] or a refund or she would leave negative feedback. I replied with ' as you know when ordering eggs online the hatch rate will drop. My rate rate is 90%. Another girl ordered months ago [5 eggs] and was able to hatch 2 from them even tho all showed life at last candling. So it really depends on how you incubate them and also how they do in shipping. I place stickers on each side of the box notifying people of the contents in hopes they are more careful with them'

After that email is when she started being ugly. I never even got to say I would replace the eggs first if she just paid for shipping. If they had broken upon arrival I can understand her being furious...but it's basically like this is her first time hatching eggs online and she automatically put the blame on my eggs when I have plenty of chicks to prove just how fertile my eggs are. She ended up opening a case on paypal since I opened one against her on ebay first to protect myself against her harassing emails [bc she keeps sending them randomly]

She purchased 4 more with in 10 days of the other batch. Shes just now incubating them and it's been almost 2 weeks since they were laid...making the hatch rate drop even more [probably to 0] I sent paypal all my documents with her nasty emails, my description saying I am not responsible for your hatch rate etc and even pictures of all my babies to prove I do have fertile eggs.

Who do you think paypal will end up siding with?

I know the people of paypal are no chicken experts but is there a way to prove besides what I've already sent that she doesn't know what she's doing/ talking about?

When shipping I do individually wrap each egg in bubble wrap and put them in a partial carton so they stay upright. I also ship them big end up, lots of packing peanuts, and 4 stickers that are neon yellow saying 'live hatching eggs, caution, do not xray. handle with care'

Someone needs to explain to this woman that just bc you have an expensive incubator and automatic egg turner does not guarantee you any hatches. I made my incubator and hand turned every single one I've hatched 3-7 times a day. [felt better to have a more hands on experience]

That's impressive. I tried to buy eegs off of eBay. The guy is local, and said he doesn't allow local pickup. Offerer to pay shipping ,and meet with him. I think he's shady. He got nasty. .I don't need to deal with people like that.

Back
Top Bottom