Who has purchased eggs from ebay ? and what was your hatch rate ?

I have purchased with mixed results. Last 2 times high hatch rates, but they were from the same seller! I have found in jersey, that I do best(in a styrofoam) if I rest them and then run with no water added. I add a tiny bit at the end. I do occasionally have to help, but find slight shrink wrap easier to help than gooey! Plus no more toe leg issues for the most part. Seems to really help with my shipped eggs!

I've bought eggs off eBay several times. I'm only running a Little Giant incubator so its not like I'm dealing with top of the line equipment and my hatch rate is usually 50% - 70%

I set 7 eggs I had shipped from Connecticut (I'm in Tennessee) in the middle of summer and all 7 hatched. My next hatch was 7 eggs shipped from South Carolina and 6 hatched. The one that didn't hatch looked to be infertile. Both of these hatches were with a Brinsea Mini Advance.

I then switched to a Hovabator Genesis and hatched eggs out that were shipped from Virginia. Out of 29 eggs that were fertile, I had 18 hatch... only a few blood rings, the rest were dead in shell without pipping. Humidity during setting was 45-53%, during lockdown 65-73%. Temperature never went above 100.2 degrees. They had HUGE saddle-shaped air cells, I guess from being shipped. Don't know if that affected them pipping or not. However, I hatched my own eggs from my Faverolles at the same time and had a 100% hatch rate with them.

I just recieved eggs from E-Bay.
I ordered a dozen and got 18.
All eggs were shipped from California to Pennsylvania.
All eggs came through with no cracks or splits and were packaged with a heat pac and was in a special foam
This outfit that I got my eggs from is a commercial company who did a bang up job of getting these eggs to me.
At about 1 am 2/13/14 I will be putting the heat on them.
Right now they are in the bator, with the egg turner on, but not under heat yet.
It will be interesting to see what my success rate will be.
Dennis

Hi, I bought 6 eggs from Ebay when my light Sussex hen went broody last October. I put them under her and left her alone and 3 hatched out, one nearly made it but seems to have got stuck and sadly that one died. All the other 3 are doing brilliantly, 2 hens and one cockerel.

I bought 6 bantam eggs off Ebay. Only had one hatch. All the rest either were infertile or died in the egg.

Luckily it was a girl but she was not the brightest of the bunch! We called her chicken licken as she was stupid.

Lol.

I tried a batch of BCM eggs off EBay. 0 for 8. Three were infertile, cracked one while candling (was an early stage dud anyhow), and the rest were mid stage failures or blood rings. Not impressed.

Back
Top Bottom