Who has raised Buff orpingtons before?

Yup, my male is a jerk!
7g4v1o.gif

I had 2 Buff hens. Sweetest birds ever. I had a Lavender rooster. Meanest thing ever walked the earth!
One of the Buffs died of egg complications The other one is 5+ years old and still occasionally lays an egg. The rooster passed away in his sleep. Now I have a LeghornXRed Sexlink rooster who is a pure love bug. I want to get a couple more Buff hens. Love em. Won’t have an Orpington rooster again.

I had 2 Buff hens. Sweetest birds ever. I had a Lavender rooster. Meanest thing ever walked the earth!
One of the Buffs died of egg complications The other one is 5+ years old and still occasionally lays an egg. The rooster passed away in his sleep. Now I have a LeghornXRed Sexlink rooster who is a pure love bug. I want to get a couple more Buff hens. Love em. Won’t have an Orpington rooster again.
So sorry :hugs

I just ordered 10 BO chicks that I am expecting in the next couple days. First time I’ve ever raised this breed, but I am hoping to raise them to pullets and sell them all. I’m not a big fan of their coloring, so I don’t think I would ever have any in my flock. The chicks are sure adorable tho!

Never had a BO rooster/cockerel from what I'm reading, aggression seems to be very prominent in them. All the more reasonable to not breed or keep them around IMO

I think my friend was also having issues with her buff orpington cockerels and aggression towards the other birds. She had indeed st run to eat rhe males and she ended up processing them way earlier because they killed a couple of her bantams in the same pen.

Back
Top Bottom