Who has seen a chicken with the coloring Isabel Lavender Spangled?

DrinkTheRainbow

Songster
9 Years
Jan 1, 2011
Altoona, Wisconsin
I was on Breed Book and I saw the color Isabel Lavender Spangled.

It looks like this:

Rooster:
Mparelgrijsgeelgeloverd.JPG

Hen:
parelgrijsgeelgeloverd.JPG

So, have YOU seen this?

No, it's the same. Isabel is simply the term for when Lavender dilutes gold, making it the yellow color. Otherwise, take off the lavender, and you have a Mille Fleur colored bird.
wink.png

The size of the white is only a matter of quality. The color of the tail is also only a matter of quality.

Quote:
Porcelain is similar but not quite the color the OP is talking about. The color the OP is talking about would be like a Golden Spangled Hamberg diluted by lavender. Notice that it doesnt have mottling like in porcelain but actual spangleing.

Even Spangled Gamefowl isnt the same as Spangled Hambergs. Spangled Gamefowl are Mottled Red Duckwing.

And Porcelain would be Mottled Gold Columbian with Lav.

But the mottling gene isnt in the birds like the ones the OP posted.

OOH! I'm confused lol. I'll post the genes thingy lol:

Isabel:

Hen: e^b/e^b,co+/co+,Db/Db,Pg/Pg,Ml/Ml,Cha+/Cha+,mh+/mh+,di+/di+,Ig+/Ig+,cb+/cb+,i+/i+,bl+/bl+,lav/lav,C+/C+,Mo+/Mo+,b+/-,s+/-,Choc+/-

Rooster: e^b/e^b,co+/co+,Db/Db,Pg/Pg,Ml/Ml,Cha+/Cha+,mh+/mh+,di+/di+,Ig+/Ig+,cb+/cb+,i+/i+,bl+/bl+,lav/lav,C+/C+,Mo+/Mo+,b+/b+,s+/s+,Choc+/Choc+

Porcelain:

Hen: e^b/e^b,Co/Co,db+/db+,pg+/pg+,ml+/ml+,Cha+/Cha+,mh+/mh+,di+/di+,Ig+/Ig+,cb+/cb+,i+/i+,bl+/bl+,lav/lav,C+/C+,mo/mo,b+/-,s+/-,Choc+/-

Rooster: e^b/e^b,Co/Co,db+/db+,pg+/pg+,ml+/ml+,Cha+/Cha+,mh+/mh+,di+/di+,Ig+/Ig+,cb+/cb+,i+/i+,bl+/bl+,lav/lav,C+/C+,mo/mo,b+/b+,s+/s+,Choc+/Choc+

Does anyone on here also know the terms used above?

Quote:
"Isabel" isnt a technical color with set genes, its just used to describe a Gold pattern diluted by Lav. Ex Wheaten Isabel, Partridge Isabel, ect...

Wait, so you're talking about spangling as in like a hamburg, and not as in mottling then. . . ?

Well then that's the only difference right there.
wink.png
One is mottled one isn't, but has the genes to be spangled. (melanizer)

Back
Top Bottom