Who has seen a chicken with the coloring Isabel Lavender Spangled?

Wow, essentially a lavender based Creme Brabanter...

Does anyone have an actual picture of a bird of this color, or is it all theory and Chicken Calculator pictures at this point?

I am very intrigued by this family of colors. (Porcelain, and now this Isabel Lavender Spangled.)

Quote:
Yep
wink.png

Quote:
It would lavender based gold instead of lavender based cream becuase remember that lavender dilutes gold down a straw color, almost the cream color actually, And the cream color like in the Brabanters is considerably lighter than pure gold. So if the cream color had lavender added to it, it would be diluted down to being almost unnoticable.

And I think it is all in theory right now, at least in the US and maybe everywhere.

Quote:
Like...Lavender Ameraucana, maybe?!?! Gaaahhh. I think my chicken lust just stopped my heart for a second.

Light blue eggs, beards, muffs, crests, and Isabel Lavender Spangled. Come here, my pretty... LOL

Don't forget to breathe!

And since I've saved your life by reminding you to breathe, don't forget to send me hatching eggs
smile.png

Quote:
Yes, over several generations of working with the Lav and breeding it into them or the hambergs, you could make it. But of course not just one simple cross, nothing is ever just one simple cross especially with recessive genes like Lavender.

And if Brabanters are the breed of choice here then I do think the Lav Ameraucanas would a could choice to breed the gene from.

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes, over several generations of working with the Lav and breeding it into them or the hambergs, you could make it. But of course not just one simple cross, nothing is ever just one simple cross especially with recessive genes like Lavender.

And if Brabanters are the breed of choice here then I do think the Lav Ameraucanas would a could choice to breed the gene from.

Oh, yes, sounds like it could be quite a project...but quite possibly a very worthwhile one!

Jeez. Someday.

Too confusing to have different names for different colours!

So basicailly this is porcelain with spangles instead of mottles! (lavender isabel *pah!*)

Quote:
No. Unfortunately the standards use the terms somewhat interchangably, but from a genetics point of view, they are not the same. Mottling is a white spot at the tip of the feather, caused by the mottle gene. Spangling is a larger black (or in the case here, lavender) spot caused by a combination of pattern genes, specifically Db, Pg and Ml. A porcelain or millefleur would typically have none of these.

Mottling is the absence of pigment; spangling is the presence of black pigment.

Back
Top Bottom